February 26th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Johnny Cash, Marshall Henderson, Missouri Saturday, SEC
1. What’s happened to Bret Bielema? “The decline of Bielema’s reputation is a wholesale transformation from the public perception of him while he was at Wisconsin.”
2. Alleged victim in rape case that involves former Vanderbilt players is fighting the release of some records.
3. Marijuana possession and a noise violation get two Texas A&M players arrested over the weekend.
4. When spring practice starts at Auburn, it will be the first time in four years that Auburn’s defense won’t be learning a new system.
5. Former Auburn linebacker Travis Williams is returning to the Tigers as a defensive analyst.
6. When offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier left Alabama for Michigan, his annual salary jumped by $150,000.
7. Is Missouri the SEC team most likely headed for a fall in 2014?
8. Renovation underway at Kentucky’s Commonwealth Stadium.
9. The future of recruiting? “It seemed like just yesterday that Nick Saban `accidentally’ walked in on me at my obstetrician’s office while I was getting my sonogram.”
10. Ron Jaworksi on Johnny Manziel: “I wouldn’t take him in the first three rounds. That’s my opinion. It’s incomplete right now. But he has not done a whole lot to me.”
11. If Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson makes a three-pointer tonight, he’ll set an SEC record – 61 straight games with a trey.
12. Is Auburn coach Tony Barbee worried about his future? “I don’t feel pressure at all.”
13. When it comes to Alabama basketball, there are reasons for hope but also reasons to lose hope.
14. “There are nine Division I basketball programs in Alabama. It’s the last week of February, and only two of them have winning overall records.”
15. Alabama guard Trevor Releford took a knee to the side of the leg in the win over Missouri Saturday.
16. Auburn wants to break a bad habit tonight against South Carolina – blowing a lead.
17. Texas A&M one of several teams battling for fourth place in the conference. Important because it’s the last spot to get double-bye in SEC Tournament.
18. Mississippi State trying to snap a nine-game losing streak against Tennessee tonight. Vols just 2-5 in SEC road games.
20. Pat Forde: “How much coaching turnover will there be? There could be a lot, or there could be just one.”
21. Friday Night Lights for the Big Ten?
22. Reporter addresses high school team after game: “That was the worst exhibition of basketball that I’ve seen in about 30 years. ”
23. Beer and wine sales at Texas athletic events could begin as soon as tonight.
24. Johnny Cash would have been 82 years old today.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|