March 9th, 2014 10:45 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, Video Highlights
Florida 84 – Kentucky 65. Video Highlights
1. Florida is the first SEC team to go 18-0 in the regular season. Billy Donovan: “For me as the coach it’s the greatest regular season I’ve ever been a part of.”
2. Florida said goodbye to a strong senior class. It’s a group that played as close to its potential as possible, Donovan said.
3. Kentucky had a brief run on Saturday when it showed what people thought it would be this year.
4. Kentucky hopes to find its “mojo” when it goes to the SEC tournament in Atlanta.
Ole Miss 65 – Vanderbilt 62. Video Highlights
5. Marshall Henderson after the game: “I want to thank everyone for everything.”
6. Andy Kennedy earned his 170th win as the head coach at Ole Miss.
7. Vanderbilt blew another second-half lead in its loss to Ole Miss.
Auburn 69 – Texas A&M 64. Video Highlights
8. It was a rare road win for Auburn, which only had one other road victory in the SEC before Saturday.
9. Texas A&M guard Alex Caruso: “We’re not winning enough games right now.”
Tennessee 72 – Missouri 45. Video Highlights
10. Is Tennessee an NCAA tournament team? Cuonzo Martin: “Yes, but you’ve got to keep going.”
11. Missouri guard Jordan Clarkson after the game: “They blew us out. There’s not much you could say, really.”
12. “Frustration” was the mood Missouri coach Frank Haith used to describe his team.
South Carolina 74 – Mississippi State 62.
13. South Carolina’s Brenton Williams scored a game-high 27 points to help lead the Gamecocks on the road.
14. Mississippi State coach Rick Ray after the game: “We’re not very good. I mean, it’s just as simple as that.”
Alabama 83 – Arkansas 58.
15. Alabama dominated from the very beginning. “We played hard for 40 minutes,” guard Trevor Releford said.
16. The big win on Senior Day felt like the start of something special for Alabama, writes Kevin Scarbinsky.
17. “Scoring was the issue” for Arkansas, coach Mike Anderson said.
Georgia 69 – LSU 61.
18. Georgia finished the regular season with its most SEC wins since 1990.
19. LSU forward Jarell Martin credited the physical play of Georgia for the Bulldogs’ win.
20. LSU hopes it can turn things around when it goes to the SEC tournament.
|Post Comments »||Comments (20)|