January 18th, 2014 09:05 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss
1. Tennessee hasn’t won at Rupp Arena since 2006. Vols guard Josh Richardson: ”It’s a tough place to play.”
2. But the last time these two teams played, Tennessee enjoyed its biggest margin of victory in the history of the series. Alex Poythress: “We were kind of confused out there.”
Texas A&M at Mississippi State
3. Texas A&M’s is undefeated in conference play but the Aggies 69.1 points per game is last in the conference.
4. Mississippi State followed up a victory over Ole Miss with a 19-point loss to Alabama. Coach Rick Ray: “We’ve got to find a way for our guys to learn how to deal with success.”
Arkansas at Georgia
5. Can the Razorbacks build on the momentum of the overtime victory against Kentucky? Coach Mike Anderson: “I think this team’s hungry.”
6. Georgia looks to capitalize on the Razorbacks road woes – just 3-25 outside the state of Arkansas under Anderson.
Alabama at Missouri
7. Alabama hasn’t won a game away from this season - shooting percentage suffers on the road.
8. Tigers have to regroup quickly following road loss Thursday night. Missouri shooting under 40 percent in its last three games.
Florida at Auburn
9. Florida is undefeated in SEC play and riding an eight-game winning streak. Is this a trap game for the Gators?
10. Close but no cigar for Auburn. Tigers have lost their three SEC games by a combined 16 points.
Ole Miss at South Carolina
11. After losing in Starkville last weekend, Rebels need to demonstrate they can win on the road.
12. Gamecocks are 10-1 against the Rebels in games played in Columbia.
Vanderbilt at LSU
13. Vanderbilt hits the road after its most impressive win of the season Thursday night. Will the Commodores, with just seven scholarship players, have fresh legs in Baton Rouge?
14. LSU struggled against the Ole Miss zone defense this week – expects to see more of the same from Vanderbilt.
|Post Comments »||Comments (20)|