February 22nd, 2014 09:00 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State
1. Think Florida has forgotten Marshall Henderson doing the Gator Chomp after winning the SEC title game? “We have a video playing of him doing it over and over and over in the locker room.”
2. Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy on Florida: “I think it’s Billy’s (Donovan) best job in the eight years I’ve been a part of the league, and one of those was a national championship team.”
Georgia at South Carolina
3. Other than Auburn’s Chris Denson, no one gets to the free throw line more in the SEC than Georgia guard Charles Mann Jr.
4. Team MVP at South Carolina? The weather. Gamecocks 3-0 in Columbia with snow on the ground.
Tennessee at Texas A&M
5. Motivation? Earlier matchup in Knoxville might have been the low point of the season for Tennessee. Up 14 at half, Vols lost the game.
6. But Texas A&M remembers last season in College Station when Tennessee won in four overtimes.
Arkansas at Mississippi State
7. Starkville hasn’t been a pleasant travel destination for Arkansas. Razorbacks just 3-17 there since joining the conference – haven’t won since 2000 when Nolan Richardson was the coach.
8. Mississippi State freshman I.J. Ready grew up in Little Rock.“I saw that game on the schedule when I first got here…”
LSU at Kentucky
9. LSU’s Anthony Hickey is a former Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky. This will be his final opportunity to play in Rupp Arena.
10. Plenty of motivation for Kentucky today. LSU won in Baton Rouge last time these two teams met.
Vanderbilt at Auburn
11. Fatigue setting in? Vanderbilt’s Rod Odom, Kyle Fuller and Dai-Jon Parker have logged a combined 1,503 minutes of a possible 1,575 in 13 conference games.
12. Auburn has two consistent scoring threats. Coach Tony Barbee: “There is no secret what the scouting report is on this team; help off of everybody except for Chris Denson and KT Harrell and make other people beat you.”
Missouri at Alabama
13. Missouri’s Jabari Brown is averaging 1.2 points per field-goal attempt. Among the nation’s top 50 scorers, no one does it better.
14. Alabama’s struggles have put an increasing burden on guard Trevor Releford. Coach Anthony Grant’s team has lost eight of it last 10 games.
|Post Comments »||Comments (15)|