February 27th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Georgia, Jadeveon Clowney, NFL, Ole Miss
1. Poll results: Only 25 of the nation’s 128 FBS head coaches are in favor of a rule proposal that would slow down the game.
2. Most departing seniors of any SEC East roster? Tennessee. South Carolina has the fewest but the most early NFL draft departures.
3. Several changes at the coordinator position for SEC schools - what will the impact be this year?
4. Soaring expectations at Tennessee for this fall?
5. Florida and Florida State extend their annual football series through 2018.
5. Andre Debose – the “next Percy Harvin” - will be a senior at Florida this fall.
6. Georgia freshman quarterback Jacob Park played high school football in South Carolina but was not offered a scholarship by the Gamecocks.
7. Ole Miss guard Aaron Morris and defensive end C.J. Johnson granted redshirt years.
8. Tell us how you really feel, Barry. Switzer on Johnny Manziel: ”I think he’s an arrogant little prick.” But he loves the way he plays the game.
9. “A fully engaged, fully motivated (Jadeveon) Clowney is the sort of beast that can out-and-out dominate any game in which he plays, even in the NFL. ”
10. Former Auburn tackle Greg Robinson’s mother couldn’t make the trip to the BCS Championship Game because she couldn’t afford it. ”There’s something wrong with that picture.” Also see Fuzzy Math at the NCAA.
11. Latest USA Today mock draft has Jadeveon Clowney and Greg Robinson going first and second overall.
12. Zach Mettenberger a good fit for the Arizona Cardinals?
14. Is the pro future of Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall at another position? ”I know I can play quarterback.”
15. When you get booted from your team before the season, who hosts the pro day? ”Agent Chris Turnage said (Chris) Boyd will be healthy enough to fully compete at his pro day workout next month.”
17. Ole Miss point guard Derrick Millinghaus received an indefinite suspension before last night’s game against Alabama.
18. Arkansas at Kentucky tonight. Last time Razorbacks won at Rupp – Nolan Richardson’s 1994 championship team.
19. Arkansas game part of the revenge tour for Kentucky?
20. A plea from Kentucky – bring back Bruce (Pearl).
21. Military family reunited in timeout of Alabama/Ole Miss game.
22. Florida’s Dorian Finney-Smith best sixth man in the country?
23. One take on Missouri: “There is no evident or effective leadership on the floor. There is no apparent chemistry. Players don’t seem to trust one another. The team seems adrift.”
24. Georgia governor on Confederate battle flag license plates: ”Hopefully, those who take offense at it will look at the fact that it is a part of a cultural heritage of our state.”
25. Richie Incognito smashes his own Ferrari with a baseball bat.
26. Why was St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Matheny cleaning the clubhouse toilets?
27. Jeff Gordon and the Pepsi Max crew are at it again…
|Post Comments »||Comments (15)|