February 18th, 2014 09:30 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Jalen Hurd, Ole Miss, SEC, Serderius Bryant
1. Former Alabama running back Dee Hart faces multiple charges after an arrest over the weekend.
2. Ole Miss suspended linebackers Serderius Bryant and Denzel Nkemdiche following weekend arrests.
3. Nick Saban’s dream will come true when he enters into a partnership to open a Mercedez-Benz dealership.
4. Andy Staples re-ranked the 2011 recruiting classes. Florida State was No. 1. How about Alabama and Auburn?
5. LSU has the top student section in the SEC, according to Edward Aschoff. See his ranking of the top five.
6. Every Georgia player will get a “clean slate” under new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.
7. Someone at Southern California called Tennessee RB signee Jalen Hurd “soft and terrible.” USC apologized on Monday.
8. South Carolina receiver Bruce Ellington decided to go pro after his mother told him he’s “getting old.”
9. Florida moved up to No. 2 in the Associated Press Poll on Monday. The Gators are 12-0 in SEC play.
10. Florida coach Billy Donovan believes off-court growth has helped point guard Scottie Wilbekin on the court.
11. Here’s a look at the SEC 1-14. It’s not very pretty on the bottom.
12. Kentucky coach John Calipari: “Every game we play is to prepare us for March, and that’s how we approach it.”
13. Kentucky’s Final Four hopes “look fairly bleak,” according to Mark Story. But he says not to lose all hope.
14. Ole Miss is preparing for a big week as the Rebels get set to host Kentucky tonight and Florida on Saturday.
15. Georgia’s basketball team has improved greatly as the Bulldogs prepare to play at Tennessee tonight.
16. Tennessee’s Cuonzo Martin on job pressure: “I just think as a coach you have to do your job, that’s the bottom line.”
17. Florida, Kentucky and Missouri are the only top-50 RPI teams from the SEC.
18. Florida is holding onto a No. 1 seed right now, according to Ryan Fagan’s NCAA tournament projection.
19. Missouri and Tennessee are in the “bye” section of the bubble, according to Joe Lunardi’s Tuesday update.
20. Former Northwestern quarterback Kane Colter will make his case Tuesday why college athletes are employees.
21. There’s more talk about increasing the age limit for when players can enter the NBA.
22. Oklahoma State lost its seventh straight game on Monday. Marcus Smart will return from suspension on Saturday.
23. Iowa’s athletic director said he would rather quit than figure out how to pay college athletes.
24. Athlon Sports ranks Patrick Willis the No. 1 SEC linebacker of the BCS era. See their top 10 list here.
|Post Comments »||Comments (3)|