April 11th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Brandon Allen, Jeremy Pruitt, Johnny Manziel
1. Alabama linebacker Dillon Lee arrested on charges of driving under the influence.
2. Little Rock, Arkansas prosecutors say they’ll drop Alabama running back Altee Tenpenny’s drug possession charge if he doesn’t get in trouble in the next year.
3. Arrested in January for resisting arrest, Alabama freshman Tony Brown was granted youthful offender status Thursday.
4. With no charges filed against Missouri wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham – is this a defining decision for Gary Pinkel? “Does the Missouri coach stand on his stated principle or side with expediency?” MrSEC: ”Pinkel now sits in Coaching Hell.”
5. Zach Price kicked off Missouri basketball team by coach Frank Haith. Louisville transfer – who never played at Mizzou – was arrested twice after former teammate Earnest Ross had filed a restraining order against him.
6. Seven Mizzou football and men’s basketball players have been arrested eight times since January.
7. A former intern in the Vanderbilt athletics department files a lawsuit in federal court – says he should have been paid.
8. Thanks to Vanderbilt moving the game to LP Field, Ole Miss will play three straight games in NFL stadiums.
9. Florida coach Will Muschamp on the impact of new offensive coordinator Kurt Roper: “I think there’s a lot of confidence level on our offensive side of the ball for the first time in a while. Quarterback Jeff Driskel has lost 15 pounds.
10. Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt doesn’t have a lot of patience for mistakes in the secondary. “You mess up a couple of plays, you’re out.”
11. Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee: “I want to make it very clear, we’ve not made any changes to our offensive line.”
12. Texas A&M running backs coach Clarence McKinney likes no longer having offensive coordinator responsibilities. “I can focus on some technical things with those guys we kind of got away from last year.”
13. Brandon Allen on the quarterback battle at Arkansas: “My mindset is I’m the starter and I need to go out and prove to everyone that I’m still the starter.” A.J. Derby moving to tight end.
14. Tennessee defensive end LaTroy Lewis getting reps at tight end.
15. In addition to unveiling new uniforms, Mississippi State signs extension with Adidas - seven-year deal worth $17.5 million.
16. Economic study on the impact of LSU football: “Over a 7-game home season, total spending by fans from outside the metro is $62.8 million in Louisiana, with $47.7 million of that spent within Baton Rouge metro.”
17. Daniel Bush spent the past three years working on Alabama’s player personnel staff. He’s now Arkansas’ new Assistant Recruiting Coordinator/Director of Personnel.
18. Johnny Manziel reportedly had the highest Wonderlic score among quarterbacks.
19. Tennessee forward Jarnell Stokes expected to announce he’s entering the NBA draft.
20. For Kentucky basketball fans “no one in recent years — not Duke, not Louisville, not North Carolina, certainly not Tennessee — has been responsible for more heartache than the Connecticut Huskies.”
|Post Comments »||One Comment|