April 6th, 2014 12:00 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Brandon Harris, Gators
1. South Carolina tight end Rory Anderson tears tricep muscle Saturday. Recovery time depends on whether it’s partial or complete tear.
2. Missouri defensive lineman Matt Hoch will undergo surgery for a broken bone in his ankle.
3. Freshman quarterback Brandon Harris the star of LSU’s spring game.
4. Ole Miss had its spring game Saturday. Coach Hugh Freeze: “I know beyond a shadow of a doubt … that we’re a better football team than we were two years ago, than we were last year.”
5. No spring game for Texas A&M this year because of Kyle Field renovation. Aggies wrap up spring drills on Saturday.
6. Georgia quarterback Hutson Mason on Saturday’s scrimmage: “We came out with a lot more passion and energy.”
7. Following Saturdays’ scrimmage, Alabama coach Nick Saban mentions three quarterbacks - Blake Sims, Cooper Batemen and Alec Morris. ”So those three guys have sort of emerged as the three guys that look like they’re the most ready to play.”
8. Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott only completed 13 passes Saturday but four of them were for touchdowns.
9. Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen impressive in the Razorbacks Saturday scrimmage.
10. Coach Butch Jones on the performance of Tennessee’s quarterbacks. “All four [QBs] did some good things, but there’s also a lot of things that need to be corrected in a hurry.”
11. Lou Holtz addressed the Auburn team Friday. Coach Gus Malzahn: “I consider him a friend.”
12. Kentucky defensive end Alvin “Bud” Dupree: ”I’m much more confident in myself than I was at this time last year.
13. Auburn football and Kentucky basketball - “some of the most memorable clutch performances in SEC history – all in the same academic year.”
14. No trip anytime soon to the barber for a Florida student. Vows to not cut hair until Gators win national title.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|