March 8th, 2014 09:20 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Alabama Georgia, Auburn, Fl Kentucky, Gators, Georgia, John Calipari, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Ole Miss Auburn, Ole Miss Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Vanderbilt
1. As the Gators go for perfection in conference play, this Florida senior class has racked up some amazing numbers. Another major milestone awaits.
2. Kentucky coach John Calipari on the challenge facing his team: ”It’s not going to be easy. There is nothing that’s going to be easy about it.”
Vanderbilt at Ole Miss
3. Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings can’t understand why some of his players are hesitant to shoot the ball. ”There is a reluctance and you’re not sure why it exists.”
4. The “Marshall Henderson Show” is almost over. Last home game for the Ole Miss senior guard.
Auburn at Texas A&M
5. At one point the SEC’s leading scorer, Auburn guard Chris Denson has scored just nine points in his last two games.
6. Status of senior guard Fabyon Harris uncertain today. Coach Billy Kennedy: ”He’s limited in what he can do, so we are still unsure what he will be able to do.”
Missouri at Tennessee
7. Sitting on the bubble, a victory at Tennessee would be huge for Missouri’s NCAA Tournament chances. Coach Frank Haith: “They’re an NCAA Tournament team, so if you beat them twice it definitely helps you.”
8. Tennessee is playing some its best basketball of the year. But is this a “play-out” game for both these teams?
South Carolina at Mississippi State
9. Suspended South Carolina coach Frank Martin apologized Friday afternoon. “I understand that I represent this university and I have a duty to conduct myself in a certain way.”
10. Mississippi State senior Colin Borchert on what he’s learned from coach Rick Ray: “The biggest thing I’m going to take from is how you can succeed when you come from nothing.”
Arkansas at Alabama
11. Streaking Arkansas trying to win its fourth straight SEC road game. Best Razorbacks road team in 20 years?
12. Last home game for Alabama guard Trevor Releford. Coach Anthony Grant: ”He’s 6-foot on the outside but he’s like 6-8 on the inside.”
Georgia at LSU
13. A win for Georgia locks down third place in the SEC and a double-bye in the conference tournament.
14. LSU senior guard Andre Stringer is “the final vestige of the Tigers’ failed resurrection plan four years ago under former coach Trent Johnson.”
15. The Antlers at Missouri and other student groups get attention from ESPN’s Outside The Lines this weekend.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|