March 6th, 2014 12:00 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Georgia, NCAA, SEC, Vanderbilt
1. NCAA rules committee votes unanimously to withdraw proposal aimed at slowing down hurry-up offenses.
2. Jeremy Fowler: “Now officials and coaches can exhale, stop making movie parodies and have a sensible, year-long discussion about what’s best.”
3. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Give the short-lived 10-second proposal its due. It now has become the blueprint of how not to get a new rule passed.”
4. Nick Saban: “Look, I had nothing to do with the 10-second rule.”
5. “By the time (Saban and Bret Bielema) finally did speak, their villainous motives had widely been accepted as fact.”
6. Church marquee message: “Support the ban on slingshots.” — Goliath. So was that a shot at Saban?
SEC Coaching News
7. Vavae Tata will not be a position coach at Vanderbilt this year- pleads guilty to drunk driving charge. Long-term status remains unclear
8. New deal official for Missouri coach Gary Pinkel - $3.1 million a season, extended through 2020. Now nine SEC head coaches making more than $3 million a year.
9. Offensive coordinator Kurt Roper’s contract at Florida will pay him $590,000 a year through 2016.
11. Could Johnny Manziel’s time at Texas A&M “turn out to be the low point of the Kevin Sumlin era”?
12. Georgia safety Damian Swann on new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt: “He’s going to be a great coach.”
13. Georgia running back Todd Gurley a Heisman front-runner?
15. Nick Saban on the quarterback battle at Alabama: ”We’re not going to be in any hurry to decide who the quarterback is.”
16. Was Tim Tebow the greatest SEC quarterback of the BCS era?
17. Ole Miss has four players who have never taken a college snap competing to be Bo Wallace’s backup.
18. JUCO stars expected to a play key role on the line for both Tennessee and South Carolina.
19. Tennessee coach Butch Jones on his 2014 team: “We only have 13 seniors, so we’re extremely youthful,”
20. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier on sexual orientation and college football: ”In our world, we treat people by their performance.”
22. Texas A&M linebacker Nate Askew runs a 4.45 40 at the Aggies pro day on Wednesday.
23. NFL analyst Mike Mayock now believes Auburn’s Chris Davis could be an early-round pick.
24. ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla on Kentucky: ”I just think they look like a team not having any fun.”
25. Missouri has three more transfers lined up to play next season.
26. LSU at Vanderbilt tonight. Tigers look to be on course for NIT bid.
27. Tennessee’s new “Made in March” smokey gray basketball uniforms.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|