April 20th, 2014 10:00 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, MVP, SEC
2. White would be right...for Missouri?
3. Does Missouri need to go for the “home-run hire” to energize the fanbase?
6. Auburn draws more than 70,000 fans but the crowd at Alabama was even better despite lowest attendance of Saban era.
8. Mississippi State will not face punishment from NCAA over a Yahoo! Sports report linking former Alabama player Luther Davis as a middle man for agents and potential NFL draft picks.
9. Arkansas defensive lineman Horace Arkadie no longer with the team.
10. $46 million east-side expansion at Missouri’s Memorial Stadium expected to be ready for season opener.
11. Auburn’s trip to the BCS title game cost over $3 million - money that will recouped after bowl payouts.
12. With former assistants now elsewhere, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze had his team change the names of every formation and play call in its offense this spring.
13. Texas A&M wide receiver Ricky Seals-Jones - potential Heisman candidate in 2014?
14. If Georgia receivers Malcolm Mitchell and Justin Scott-Wesley can be healthy by June, offensive coordinator Mike Bobo’s “s blood pressure will go down considerably” according to coach Mark Richt.
15. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier on quarterback Dylan Thompson: “He does make good, quick decisions.”
16. Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott: “I’m a quarterback that can run. And I can get out of bad situations.”
17. Coming out of spring, obvious that Jeff Driskel will be Florida’s quarterback but backup battle will continue this fall.
18. What makes coaching at Vanderbilt such a tough job got even tougher because of heightened expectations.
19. Former Marshall guard Kareem Canty reportedly transferring to Auburn. Update: Will visit South Florida before making final decision.
20. Paying tribute to former Arkansas coach Nolan Richardson: “His unique brand of hoops forced the rest of the SEC to adjust, much as Florida coach Steve Spurrier’s “Fun ‘n Gun” passing offense did in SEC football during the ’90s.”
|Post Comments »||No Comments|