February 28th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Johnny Manziel, Linebacker Kris Frost, LSU, New Mexico State, Nick Brasell
1. The post-Johnny Manziel era begins today at Texas A&M as spring practice gets underway.
2. Biggest storyline of the spring at Tennessee? The four-man quarterback competition.
3. Bruce Feldman: : “I don’t know how much Mizzou pays strength coach Pat Ivey, but I’m pretty sure whatever it is, the school is getting a bargain.” (last item)
4. Should college football limit the amount of full-contact practices during the season?
5. Linebacker Kris Frost could be a key cog in Auburn’s defense this fall.
6. It’s official. Bradley Dale Peveto is back on Les Miles’ staff. Was special teams coordinator and a defensive assistant on LSU’s 2007-08 national championship team.
7. Georgia coach Mark Richt is…pure evil?
8. Johnny Manziel, AJ McCarron and Aaron Murray will participate in Jon Gruden’s QB Camp on ESPN.
9. Forget “Johnny Football” – how about “Mr. Football?”
10. Mel Kiper on Auburn tackle Greg Robinson: “He shined as an athlete in Indy and is now a challenge to go No. 1 overall.”
11. Dismissed from team last summer after failing to become academically eligible for the second straight season, Nick Brasell is one of 19 scheduled participants for Ole Miss’ Pro Day Monday.
12. Former Ole Miss Rebel Greg Hardy: “If my hand was broken, I’d say I wasn’t playing. And they’d say it was a sprain and I’d be like, Nah, I’m getting my own opinion. They hated that with a passion.”
13. Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings on speculation over Cuonzo Martin’s job status at Tennessee: “I think for people to speculate on his job is absurd.”
14. Florida guard Kasey Hill’s status for Saturday against LSU is uncertain. Been bothered by a strained groin. Gators clinched SEC title for second straight year when Arkansas beat Kentucky Thursday night.
15. What do the computers think about Kentucky’s loss to Arkansas?
16. Did college football kill college basketball in the state of Alabama?
17. Missouri knows what it needs to do to get to the NCAA Tournament for the sixth straight year. Coach Frank Haith: “You’ve got to win.”
18. Georgia is one six conference schools where attendance has gone up this year.
19. Why was Auburn fan Chris Hardin ejected Wednesday night? ”I told him ‘you got to blow your whistle (against South Carolina).’ He didn’t like that.”
20. Phillip Fulmer and the rebirth of East Tennessee State football.
21. Barry Switzer: ““I’ve always said I’d never recruit a white quarterback.”
22. Players and fans get into a fight at the end of the New Mexico State and Utah Valley basketball game Thursday night. New Mexico State player suspended after instigating brawl.
23. $60 million high school stadium in Texas closes over structural concerns.
24. Las Vegas bookmaker sets the odds for the Oscars – 12 Years a Slave overwhelming favorite for Best Picture.
Headline of the day
|Post Comments »||Comments (6)|