December 13th, 2013 12:00 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Georgia, Jameis Winston, Johnny Manziel, SEC, South Carolina
1. If/when Mack Brown steps down at Texas, “the shooting can begin in the war for Nick Saban.”
2. Tim Sullivan: “Nick Saban is worth his weight in gold.”
3. Crunching the numbers at Alabama and Texas - “each school could comfortably pay Saban at least an additional $3 million, putting his compensation in excess of $8 million.”
4. Former LSU A.D. Skip Bertman: ”Nick is not a money guy.”
5. The exodus at Florida. Quarterback Max Staver becomes the sixth player to transfer. Gators could be down to two healthy quarterbacks in the spring if Skyler Mornhinweg transfers.
6. South Carolina sophomore cornerback Ahmad Christian will transfer
7. Heisman finalist and Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron: “I think if you look at my play over three years, I feel like no quarterback in the SEC or the country has played as consistent as I have.”
8. Florida State defensive back on Heisman finalist and Auburn running back Tre Mason:”I’m sitting next to this Manimal: half man, half animal.”
9. As a Heisman winner, Johnny Manziel can vote. Did he vote for himself? ”I did not vote for myself in first or second place.”
10. Steve Spurrier on Jadeveon Clowney’s speeding ticket: ”I didn’t know Jadeveon’s car could go that fast. He doesn’t have a pretty car like those FSU guys used to drive.”
11. Mike Bianchi on Spurrier and South Carolina: “Unlike so many of the SEC’s other ultra-spoiled fan bases, South Carolina doesn’t look at Orlando as a consolation destination.”
12. Kevin Sumlin’s new deal at Texas A&M is official – $5 million a year with a $5 million buyout.
13. Dan Mullen on the Mississippi State cowbells: “Well they’re actually instruments. Will Ferrell had that proven.”
14. Ole Miss begins bowl practice. Can struggling quarterback Bo Wallace turn it around?
15. Georgia vs. Nebraska will be a game determined by backup quarterbacks. TV loved the Bulldogs this year – three Georgia games were the highest-rated of the week.
16. List of top 25 underclassmen in the country includes 14 from the SEC.
17. How about some love for the unheralded players of the SEC? Here’s to you, Connor Shaw, Sammie Coates, Markus Golden and others.
18. Arkansas 72 – Savannah State 43. Career-high 21 points for Ky Madden.
19. The top 25 jobs in college basketball? Just two make the cut from the SEC.
20. Kentucky faces a North Carolina team Saturday that’s already lost to Belmont and UAB.
21. Before the season started, Missouri coach Frank Haith had his team attend a Missouri National Guard training camp session.
22. The attorney for Jameis Winston’s accuser wants an independent investigation.
23. Who had the better freshman season - Jameis Winston or Johnny Manziel?
24. Peter Thamel: “Once again, the presentation of the most prestigious individual award in sports will be shrouded in awkwardness.”
25. From his recruiting process to his playing days, Arkansas State linebacker Quanterio Heath is about to see his fourth coach in four years - and he just completed his redshirt freshman year.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|