May 24th, 2013 03:28 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
Tags: Alabama, Alex Collins, Avery Edwards, Cyontai Lewis, Gators Thursday
1. Florida traveled to Alabama’s back yard to get a tight end commitment for 2014. Tuscaloosa tight end Cyontai Lewis committed to the Gators Thursday night and called coach Will Muschamp to give him the news. ”He was pumped up,” Lewis said. “He said he was going to make a commitment to me to not recruit any more tight ends as long as I commit to him that I’m going there.”
2. Six uncommitted prospects in the state of Alabama headed to Auburn for “Big Cat Weekend.”
3. Raleigh, North Carolina tight end Avery Edwards became familiar with Jim Chaney at a Tennessee camp last year. Now that Chaney is the offensive coordinator at Arkansas, Edwards has interest in the Razorbacks. Arkansas is one of 10 scholarship offers Edwards has received, but the only one from an SEC school.
4. The Miami Herald has named Arkansas incoming freshman running back Alex Collins the Broward County Male Athlete of the Year.
5. Elizabethton, Kentucky’s Mat Elam is considered one of the top defensive tackles in the country. He’s reportedly deciding between Alabama, Kentucky and Louisville.
6. New Jersey athlete Jabrill Peppers will make his collegiate selection Sunday. LSU is reportedly one of six finalists.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|