1. LSU safey Jalen Mills will be charged with misdemeanor simply battery after allegedly punching a woman in May. District Attorney defends the decision.
2. Running back Terrance Magee will wear the No. 18 jersey for LSU this fall – a symbolic tradition that stretches back to quarterback Matt Mauck in 2003.
3. LSU coach Les Miles remembers his early days as a college freshman at Michigan: "In one of my first days, I looked at the size of one guy and said, 'Certainly he's an offensive lineman.' Hell, he was a middle linebacker.”
4. Carl Lawson’s rehabilitation from ACL surgery is sparking hope the Auburn defensive end may return at some point this season.
5. New approach at Florida – no more midday practices.
6. Gators are confident in their offense. “We’re going to flourish.”
7. South Carolina running back Mike Davis on the possibility of leaving early for the NFL: “My brother (former Clemson running back James Davis) says, 'Get it while you can,' "
8. Ole Miss offensive coordinator Dan Werner on quarterback Bo Wallace’s progress the last two seasons: “It’s like two different players, he’s so far ahead.”
9. Biggest question mark for the Rebels – the offensive line.
10. Georgia defensive lineman James DeLoach has served his 80 hours of community service for his March arrest and is now getting first-team reps in practice.
11. Georgia linebacker Jordan Jenkins on offseason departures: “We’re tired of hearing that crap.”
12. Arkansas defensive tackle Demarcus Hodge: “Everybody loves a good underdog, and I think Arkansas is going to be a big surprise for everybody this season.”
13. Tennessee receivers coach Zach Azzanni loves the enthusiasm of Von Pearson: “You can’t get him down.”
14. Former Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham arrived at Oklahoma in “terrible shape.”
15. LSU’s starting quarterback for the opener against Wisconsin may or may not be the starter the rest of the year.
16. Nick Saban on quarterback Jacob Coker: "He's a very athletic guy, he's got the right character, attitude, work ethic…”
17. Maty Mauk is Missouri’s quarterback but the race for the backup is ‘still very much unsettled.’
18. Connor Mitch emerging as the second-string quarterback at South Carolina behind Dylan Thompson.
19. The quarterback situation at Vanderbilt could be fluid for a while. “It is just going to depend on once we select someone how he performs.”
21. Expect changes to ESPN’s GameDay this fall. Georgia-South Carolina in Week 3?