1. Season-ending injury for All-SEC Auburn lineman Alex Kozan.
2. Three Alabama players suspended for violation of team rules: defensive linemen Brandon Ivory and Jarran Reed and linebacker Tim Williams. Two remembers of recruiting class do not qualify.
3, Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall won’t start against Arkansas as punishment for marijuana citation. How will Jeremy Johnson respond to the opportunity?
4. Auburn cornerback Jonathon Mincy will not start against Arkansas as punishment for his June arrest.
5. Auburn running back Roc Thomas involved in “minor accident” Thursday but cleared to practice on Friday.
6. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze responds to Nebraska coach Bo Pelini’s comments regarding recruiting tactics of Damore'ea Stringfellow
7. Georgia coach Mark Richt on wide receiver Malcolm Mitchell’s status: “He’s going to play when he’s healthy and ready to go. …We’ll just see how quickly he can come back.” And on receiver Justin Scott-Wesley: “I'm not sure when he's going to be able to play a game of football for us.”
8. Kentucky receiver Alexander Montgomery (ACL) will not be ready for the start of camp Monday but coaches hoping he’ll be ready for the opener
9. Oklahoma “very confident” that former Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham will be on the field this year.
10. Practice started Friday at Texas A&M with several players bulked up from a year ago. Coach Kevin Sumlin: “There’s no motivation like getting thrown down every other play when you don’t weigh enough.”
11. Aggies offensive coordinator Jake Spavital on freshman quarterback Kyle Allen - “probably throws the best deep ball out of all of them.”
12. Nick Saban says the battle for Alabama quarterback will come down to three things.
13. No quarterback debate at Arkansas – Brandon Allen is the guy.
14. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier on his team: "They've got good team chemistry, but that just means they all get along with each other.”
15. Practice at Ole Miss gets underway today. Jeremy Liggins will start camp at tight end.
16. Two days in to fall practice, Mississippi State makes some roster adjustments.
18. Early freshman standout at Georgia – outside linebacker Lorenzo Carter.
19. Big challenge on defensive line for Tennessee – no one on current roster has more than 4 ½ career sacks.
20. Tennessee coach Butch Jones on the first night of practice: “I saw a much faster football team in all areas in moving around,"
21. Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason on LSU transfer quarterback Stephen Rivers: "He's got to shake some of that rust off and continue to move his feet and work to be fluid. But I like what he does under center."
23. Concern for Missouri as camp begins – experience at linebacker.
25. ‘Erin Andrews has managed to do what only a handful of broadcasters have ever done — leave ESPN and became more popular than ever.’