1. Mississippi State right tackle Damien Robinson will miss the season because of a torn ACL.
2. The battle between Alabama quarterbacks Jacob Coker and Blake Sims continues to be a big story in Tuscaloosa.
3. The tornado that hit Alabama on April 27, 2011, ensured Nick Saban would never leave the Crimson Tide, according to writer Lars Anderson.
4. Who will be Auburn's starting running back? Center Reese Dismukes weighed in on the topic.
5. Auburn's offense has deep threats at every position on the field, according to coach Gus Malzahn.
6. It appears that John Henson is close to winning the starting place kicker position at Arkansas.
7. Frank Herron hopes to make a big impact on LSU's defensive line. Herron redshirted in 2013.
9. Ole Miss is waiting on the NCAA to rule on two transfers. The Rebels hope to have them eligible to play this season.
10. Consistency from quarterback Kenny Hill helped him win the starting job at Texas A&M.
11. Who will backup Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel? "Right now, really no separation at quarterback behind Jeff," coach Will Muschamp said.
12. Highly-touted Florida defensive tackle Thomas Holley had surgery on his hip and will redshirt this season.
13. A few Georgia veterans have been around for a while. They're still playing big roles for the Bulldogs.
14. There have been a lot of ups and downs in the opinions of Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles, who was named the starter on Monday.
15. South Carolina lost reserve cornerback Jamari Smith for the season with a broken left foot.
16. Wrestling in high school helped Tennessee offensive lineman Jashon Robertson. He's trying to win a starting job as a freshman.
17. Former quarterback C.J. Duncan has found a new home at receiver at Vanderbilt.
18. Missouri is trying to find the next E.J. Gaines, who shined as a cornerback for the Tigers.
19. Kentucky is talented and deep. Gary Parrish wrote about the Wildcats following their trip to the Bahamas.
20. Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller left Monday's practice with a shoulder injury. The fear is he could be lost for the season.
21. Johnny Manziel showed his middle finger to the Washington sideline during an exhibition game on Monday night.
22. Matt Hinton provides 10 players who could fill the excitement void left by Manziel's departure from college football.
23. Former Vanderbilt basketball player Kyle Fuller is writing a book that will provide information on the "dirty side of college basketball."
24. Hawaii's athletic director says the school may have to drop football.