1. Sophomore Kenny Hill beats out freshman Kyle Allen for the starting quarterback job at Texas A&M. Allen will not redshirt. Hill was 2012 Texas Gatorade Player of the Year.
2. Nick Saban on the quarterback battle at Alabama between Jacob Coker and Blake Sims: “I do think Blake probably is playing a little faster right now.”
3. But he also adds: “Until somebody wins the job we aren’t going to make that decision.”
4. The quarterback question still unanswered at Kentucky.
5. Latest on the quarterback race at LSU? Still too close to call.
7. Most consistent offensive performer in the Florida camp has been quarterback Jeff Driskel.
8. Auburn defensive back Robenson Therezie is facing eligibility issues.
9. South Carolina offensive lineman Mike Matulis sprains his knee Saturday – MRI to determine extent.
10. Nick Saban updates the Alabama injured list.
11. Kentucky receiver Jeff Badet injured by a tennis ball to the eye.
12. Tennessee’s Saturday night scrimmage draws 40,000 fans.
13. 3,500 turn out for a scrimmage at Arkansas – see Korliss Marshall rush for 102 yards including a 57-yard touchdown. Bret Bielema: “The sky is the limit for Korliss.”
14. Les Miles on Saturday’s LSU scrimmage: “We’re not ready to play a game.”
15. Sluggish scrimmage for Missouri’s offense – quarterback Maty Mauk just 8-for-20 throwing the football.
16. Decisions on which freshmen will redshirt at Missouri will probably come after Thursdays final scrimmage.
17. Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt has put an emphasis on stripping the ball. “They’ve caused a lot of fumbles in practice…That’s something different I see in the coaching staff compared to the other one.”
18. Could freshman Isaiah McKenzie spark a revival in Georgia’s punt return game?
19. Depth concerns at Florida? Coach Will Muschamp: “We have a huge drop-off because of the line of scrimmage with the second group.”
20. How inexperienced is Kentucky? The roster contains 11 three-year lettermen. There are only 14 two-year lettermen.
21. Bullish on Alabama? As kickoff approaches, there's reason to believe the dynasty might merely have been detoured, not derailed.
22. Ranking the SEC secondaries – from No. 1 LSU to No. 14 Vanderbilt.
23. Mississippi State defensive lineman P.J. Jones came to Mississippi State at 240 pounds. The senior is now at 296.
24. Bread and butter play for Ole Miss and other high-speed offenses – the zone read option.
25. Freshman Daniel Carlson will be Auburn’s punter and kicker this year.
26. Vanderbilt’s marketing campaign goes grassroots. About 16,000 season-ticket sales this year.
27. LSU coach Les Miles takes the Ice Bucket Challenge.
28. The five-game SEC stretch that could determine the fate of Alabama coach Anthony Grant.
29. Kentucky remains perfect on its Big Blue Bahamas Tour – now 5-0 on the trip.
30. Former Missouri player Torren Jones reportedly headed to a Texas JUCO.
31. Former Missouri defensive end Michael Sam is in a fight to make the St. Louis Rams roster. One-trick ponies won’t succeed in the NFL.
32. Hurricane Camille and an Urban Legend about a party.