1, Boom or bust for Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel?
2. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen: “We’re not looking to be good. We’re looking to be great.”
3. This is the deepest team Mullen has had at Mississippi State.’
4. Georgia preparing to start season without starting fullback Merritt Hall. Believed to have concussion.
5. Georgia linebacker Ramik Wilson returns to the practice field. Missed about 10 days with a concussion. Wide receiver Reggie Davis has his hand in a cast.
6. Otha Peters’ departure at Arkansas giving coaches the chance to give a “better look” to other linebacking candidates.
7. How fast will Florida’s offense go this season? “We’re going to call plays that are really fast, that are around the 25-, 28-, 30-second range.”
8. Florida running back Matt Jones is up 235 pounds -quite a difference from a year ago when he was battling a viral infection.
9. Who are the top 15 players in the conference? MrSEC’s Josh Ward is among those who cast a vote.
10. Are LSU tackles La’El Collins and Jerald Hawkins the best tandem in the country?
11. Could LSU running back Leonard Fournette turn out to be better than Charles Alexander?
12. And then there were three. Competition for starting quarterback at Vanderbilt narrowing.
13. Texas A&M center Mike Matthews on the Aggies quarterback battle. “We're going to find out this week who is going to be the the starter, but I know whoever starts I have full faith in them."
14. New Texas A&M secondary coach Terry Joseph: “One of the biggest battles I’ve won in the meeting room is I said the guys that are the most consistent are going to play,” Aggies will get on renovated Kyle Field for the first time on August 21.
15. Former Texas A&M linebacker Darian Claiborne is reportedly headed to Houston where he’ll be eligible this fall.
16. Alabama will pay its three home non-conference opponents $2.88 million this year. Paid a combined $3.15 million last season.
17. Nick Saban gives an interesting answer to coaching against hurry-up offenses. ‘His tone was calm and even, but the substance of his answer was indicative of his frustration with the way the game has changed.’
18. Cecil Hurt: “Saying that Alabama has a chance to work its way into the season isn’t an insult to the Crimson Tide’s scheduling. “
19. Could redshirt freshman Daniel Carlson pull double duty as both kicker and punter at Auburn?
20. Auburn sells a school record 62.900 season tickets.
21. Tennessee freshman Dillon Bates looks to be third in the pecking order at linebacker for the Vols.
22. Want to play Butch Jones Bingo?
23. South Carolina center Cody Waldrop has a pulled oblique. In a battle for the starting position with Clayton Stadnik.
24. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier on wide receiver Pharaoh Coooper: “He's ready to be a starter we believe, certainly, he and Shaq Roland."
25. What could decide the starter at running back for Ole Miss? Pass protection.
26. Boise State will wear orange helmets against Ole Miss.
27. Kentucky is the only team in the SEC not to score a touchdown on a punt return in the last three seasons.
28. Missouri’s defensive line dominant in Tuesday’s scrimmage.
29. Oklahoma has reportedly officially filed an eligibility waiver for former Missouri wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham.
30. Why the cost of attendance could mean different things depending on the school.
31. Eight SEC teams make Sports Illustrated’s preseason Top 25.
32. John Clay: This might be the best passing team Calipari has had at Kentucky.
33. Get ready for the windowless airplane.