1. Kentucky is spending more than $2 million to bring three non-conference opponents to Lexington this fall.
2. ESPN has Alabama, Auburn and Georgia at the top of the SEC in projected wins with Vanderbilt and Arkansas at the bottom.
3. Linebacker Skai Moore could be the best player on the South Carolina defense this fall.
4. With Donte Moncrief gone to the NFL, will Laquon Treadwell become the big-play guy at Ole Miss?
5. The ridiculousness of preseason watch lists – 66 players on the list for the Rimington Trophy- given to the top center. All but three SEC centers made the list. Seven SEC tight ends make the John Mackey watch list. List of all SEC players on both lists.
6. Does Alabama quarterback Jacob Coker belong on a preseason watch list?
8. Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville on the possibility of scheduling Alabama: “Now would I be really fired up about (playing Alabama)? Probably not because it'd be a one-game match."
9. Purdue confirms dates for a home-and-home series with Missouri.
10. This will be the first time in four years that Auburn hasn’t changed defensive schemes in the offseason.
11. Freshman Jakob Johnson and redshirt junior Curt Maggitt now are classified as defensive linemen at Tennessee. Previously listed at linebacker.
12. Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu has known freshman running back Leonard Fournette for years. “I grew up with him. I know his dad real well. He could never play park ball, he was always bigger than everybody else.”
13. Is linebacker Amarlo Herrera Georgia’s most under-appreciated player?
14. Dick Vitale says current Kentucky roster most talented ever. John Clay disagrees.
15. Tennessee graduate transfer Eric McKnight has his expected enrollment postponed until August. JUCO transfer Kevin Punter has added 10 pounds since coming to Knoxville.
16. Auburn coach Bruce Pearl is impressed with forward Jordon Granger. "He's very quick, he's very athletic, improved his range. Jordon's worked really hard, he's become a great leader for me."
19. When it comes to NCAA recognized team titles, Mississippi State is the only school in the conference without one.
20. What were Germans doing the World Cup yesterday? Waiting until halftime to go to the bathroom.