1. Is the Auburn-Clemson series just a way for Dabo Swinney to get back to Alabama? ‘If he's not already on Alabama's post-Saban radar, someone's not paying attention.’
2. LSU defensive lineman Trey Lealaimatafao most likely out for the season after injuring his arm punching through a glass window.
3. LSU’s war of words with Wisconsin over scheduling: “It was never home-and-home. We had a mission and that was to play in Houston.”
4. Don’t expect Les Miles to make a quick decision at quarterback between Brandon Harris and Anthony Jennings.
5. South Carolina gets good news regarding some incoming freshmen.
6. What kind of production should Missouri expect from quarterback Maty Mauk? One view of Mauk: ‘He's a wild card, if that makes sense, but only in a positive direction.”
7. Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo likes his offensive line: "I feel really good about where we're at up front.”
8. Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason on his club: “I think the people will become enamored with this team, because it possesses some characteristics and has some leaders that are synonymous with winning.”
9. Practice begins this afternoon at Mississippi State. With 18 starters back, is this Dan Mullen’s deepest team?
10. Practice begins Friday at Texas A&M. $16 million renovation of the Bright Complex means state-of-the-art headquarters and locker rooms.
11. Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin on director of player development Mikado Henson: “He's had a huge impact in the last month with guys, and I think that's going to continue.”
12. Tennessee practice begins Friday night. Here are 10 non-freshmen to keep an eye on.
13. But several freshmen are expected to play. Coach Butch Jones: "That's part of the attractiveness that they had to come represent the University of Tennessee, is the great opportunity to play early."
14. Key for Tennessee? Follow the Ole Miss model.
15. Don’t discount the leadership safety Cody Prewitt provides to the Ole Miss secondary.
16. When it comes to the final third of the 2014 schedule, no one may have it tougher than Auburn.
17. September 3, 2016 – ‘shaping up as one of the greatest days in the history of college football.’
18. Why Florida coach Will Muschamp is seeking Twitter help.
20. Auburn signee Sam Logwood released from his national letter of intent. Auburn remains one over NCAA scholarship limit of 13.
21. Florida’s nonconference schedule features up to eight games against major conference opponents.
22. Arkansas has big plans for guard Ky Madden