1. It begins this week. Players arrive at Georgia Thursday – practice on Friday.
2. A lot has changed on Georgia’s defense since last year’s opener against Clemson.
4. Former Tennessee linebacker Al Wilson on former coaches Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley: “They don't deserve to have their names mentioned with Tennessee football.”
5. Tennessee coach Butch Jones: "It's hard to believe that there isn't an individual in Tennessee football's football program right now from a players' standpoint [that's] participated in a bowl game.”
6. For the first time under Hugh Freeze, Ole Miss will use all 85 scholarships.
7. Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper on his goals for the year: "I just want to win and be the best teammate and do the best I can do."
8. The Alabama receiving corps ranked as the best in the SEC – Vanderbilt with the worst.
9. A preview of the South Carolina schedule. Gamecocks aren’t an underdog until 8th game of the season against Auburn.
10. Question for Auburn – ‘Who takes over as missed field goal return guy?’
11. Missouri center Evan Boehm has become an unofficial spokesman for the Tigers.
12. With Louisville joining the ACC, is it time for a “rivalry reset” with Kentucky?
13. Congratulations to former Auburn Tiger Frank Thomas – a member of the Baseball Hall of Fame class of 2014.
14. Former LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger: “I get Roll-Tided a lot.”
15. Want your fans to attend training camp? Handing out $100 bills should do the trick.