1. Georgia linebacker David Bellamy arrested on charges of driving under the influence and speeding. Saturday morning incident marks seventh arrest for Georgia players this offseason. Faces minimum mandatory two-game suspension, per Georgia policy.
2. High-profile prospect accused of theft while on visit to Georgia returns to Athens – posts bond on Friday afternoon.
3. How Georgia’s defensive line stacks up heading into the fall. Is there a sure NFL draft pick in the bunch?
4. Urban Meyer’s wife, Shelley, on Florida fans: “I think they feel like they were kind of left at the altar…You can’t please them.”
5. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin responds to an Oklahoma critique of the Aggies schedule: “Coach (Bob) Stoops has the right to say whatever he wants, but if he wants to play us again we’ll take him up on that.”
6. Kevin Scarbinsky: ‘It's almost as if other conferences have formed an alliance and adopted an old political trick. ‘
7. Texas A&M has had five players leave the program since last year and several more arrested. Sumlin: . “We’ve made some changes. We’ve hired some people.”
9. Auburn cornerback Jonathon Mincy will avoid trial for a marijuana arrest after entering a pre-trial diversion program.
10. Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown on the Wildcats prospective quarterbacks: “I know they've got a much better feel for the offense than they did even in the spring. I'm excited to see them."
11. A strength at Vanderbilt should be its offensive line – average height of 6-foot-5 and weight of 304 pounds.
12. High expectations at Mississippi State for wide receiver De’Runnya Wilson.
13. What about expectations at Ole Miss for defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche? ‘Anything less than an All-SEC or even All-American season will be seen as something of a disappointment.’
14. Matt Hayes on how everything is lining up for Ole Miss to be relevant again.
15. The SEC has lost 109 underclassmen to the draft since 2007. Pac-12 and ACC combined have lost 111.
16. Question: Is he the biggest idiot on TV (or is it his co-host)?
17. An argument against starting Johnny Manziel in Cleveland. 'If the Browns are serious about competing at their highest level in 2014, they’ll start Brian Hoyer, a meager-tooled but sound professional quarterback.'