1. Is Mack Brown’s future in Arkansas? A columnist makes the case.
2. South Carolina running back Mike Davis heading to the NFL after this season? Coach Steve Spurrier thinks it’s a good possibility.
3. One way Spurrier measures progress at South Carolina? “Look at our records against Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Clemson prior to nine years ago.”
4. South Carolina defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward: “The strength of this defense is at linebacker.”
5. ‘If you think pace of play has anything to do with injuries, you drank the wrong poison,’ says Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez.
6. Alabama-LSU second-most expensive college football ticket in the secondary market.
7. Butch Jones sees progress at Tennessee: “Last year at this time, we had zero players who could squat 600 pounds, and we were a veteran group. This year, we have nine.”
8. Three Arkansas players can squat 700 pounds.
9. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema on the impact new defensive coordinator Robb Smith is having. “I think the simplicity that Robb brings is very, very good. “
10. One view of Georgia: ‘There is probably more depth on this year’s offensive line than there has been in years.’
11. Question for Mississippi State: How good is the rest of the defense after stud linebacker Bernardrick McKinney.
12. What’s the motivation for Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops bashing Texas A&M’s non-conference schedule? Maybe it’s recruiting.
13. Memo to Stoops: ‘If you are going to review nonconference scheduling, you might want to mention Big 12 champion Baylor as well.’
14. The last two times an SEC East champ returned less than 10 starters, the teams finished third in the division. Missouri returns nine.
15. He can play anywhere from quarterback to offensive line. How JUCO transfer Jeremy Liggins gives Ole Miss options.
16. With the addition of Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, the SEC Network will be available in about 60 million households when it launches next month.
17, Tennessee freshman Detrick Mostella cleared by NCAA eligibility center.
18, Unable to get a waiver to play at Tennessee, Eric McKnight is headed to Long Beach State.
19. Auburn will be among the teams participating in a new Las Vegas event this season.
20. The Ohio State band director that landed the program an Apple commercial loses his job over a “sexualized” culture.
21. Welcome to Texsasports.com.