2. Construction crews on target to complete renovation of the east side Missouri’s Memorial Stadium by the opener on August 30 – that’s one year ahead of initial plans.
3. Only LSU has had more AP All-SEC selections than Georgia during Mark Richt’s 13-year stint.
4. Mississippi State and Kansas State work out a deal on Twitter – agree to home-and-home series.
5. Seven SEC quarterbacks are among the more than 40 college QBs attending the Manning Passing Academy. One of those attendees – Georgia quarterback Hutson Mason: “I’m absorbing a lot of information for on and off the field.”
6. Sweet Home Alabama? Not as much anymore for Alabama and Auburn, both venturing far outside the state to fill the rosters.
7. South Carolina running back Mike Davis won’t catch anyone by surprise this season.
8. Why Florida corner Vernon Hargreaves III could be on the verge of a special season.
9. Five players scheduled to appear at SEC Media Days worth watching.
10. Next week’s event expected to attract more than 1,300 media members. First one in 1985 had 70.
11. When it comes to being the master entertainer, no one is better than Steve Spurrier.
12. Based on these over/under projections – Georgia and South Carolina are the favorites in the SEC East.
13, Expect Alabama and South Carolina to get the media nods this next week.
14. Does former Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham play this year at Oklahoma? Matt Hayes: “If there were a less than zero chance, I’d say that.”
15. Construction delays will have some Ole Miss fans hunting parking spots.
16. Alabama guard Retin Obasohan had ankle surgery on Friday.