1. Kentucky is 2-5 away from Rupp Arena this season. Team has players-only meeting following loss to LSU this week.
2. Kentucky has never played in Columbia. Missouri has never beaten Kentucky – Tigers 0-5 against the Wildcats.
Georgia at Auburn - Georgia favored by 4
3. Georgia just 1-7 away from home. Coach Mark Fox wants his squad to focus on better shot selection.
4. Auburn’s Chris Denson is second in the league in scoring average at 19.6 point a game. Coming off a career-high 32-point outing against Alabama.
South Carolina at Ole Miss – Ole Miss favored by 9 1/2
5. Rebels won in Columbia by a point when these two teams met two weeks ago.
6. Does anyone in college basketball draw the attention and the wrath of opposing fans more than Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson?
Texas A&M at Florida – Florida favored by 17 1/2
7. Struggling Aggies go to Gainesville trying to break to a four-game losing streak. “It’s kind of gut check time to see how we are really going to finish off the year.”
8. Florida streaking in the opposite direction. Gators have won 12 in a row and 26 straight at home.
Arkansas at LSU – LSU favored by 5
9. Razorbacks are 2-21 on the road under coach Mike Anderson. Can Arkansas turn it around in Baton Rouge?
10. LSU knows it needs to be prepared for a pressing defense. ”They want to speed you up and that’s what we want to do, too.”
Mississippi State at Vanderbilt – Vanderbilt by 6
11. Both of these teams have experienced roster attrition the last few years. Combined, they have just 15 scholarship players.
12. Vanderbilt has the top three players in the league when it comes to minutes played in conference games.
Tennessee at Alabama – Tennessee by 1 1/2
13. The month of February has been good to Tennessee under coach Cuonzo Martin. Vols 13-3 in the month the last two seasons.
14. Short turnaround for Alabama after blowout loss at Auburn Thursday night.