1. Florida opened with a nice win but now wonder about point guard Scottie Wilbekin, who injured his ankle late in the game.
2. South Carolina coach Frank Martin saw his team fight against Florida.
Kentucky 85 – Mississippi State 63.
3. Mississippi State actually led at halftime before Kentucky went on a tear in the second half.
4. Kentucky is still trying to break out of its bad habits. Coach John Calipari: “Our habits stink.”
5. Mississippi State coach Rick Ray said his team has to learn to fight for 40 minutes.
Georgia 70 – Missouri 64 (OT).
6. Georgia coach Mark Fox was very emotional following the win. His father was buried on Tuesday.
7. Lackadaisical play for Missouri had been a concern for coach Frank Haith. It might have cost the Tigers against Georgia.
Texas A&M 69 – Arkansas 53.
8. Physical practices helped Texas A&M get ready for the start of conference play. The Aggies handled Arkansas on Wednesday.
9. Arkansas’ road woes continue. Coach Mike Anderson: “In our locker room we’ve got some guys that are really kind of upset and mad at themselves.
Auburn at Ole Miss