1. From student manager to player, Vanderbilt’s Rob Cross has had a memorable senior year. “It’s been a dream come true.”
2. It’s been a roller coaster ride this season for Texas A&M redshirt freshman Shawn Smith.
Georgia at Kentucky – Wildcats favored by 14 points
3. Kentucky’s Willie Cauley-Stein played a season low nine minutes against Texas A&M this week but teammates insist he’s looking better in practice: ” He looks like the old Willie again.”
4. Surprising Georgia is tied for second in the conference with Kentucky and Ole Miss. “It feels good to know you’re playing well…”
Mississippi State at Ole Miss - Rebels favored by 12 points
5. Ole Miss familiar with close games this season. Seven of 18 contests decided by a single basket.
6. Mississippi State knows it will have to contain Marshall Henderson. Rebels guard was suspended last time these two teams met.
South Carolina at Missouri – Tigers favored by 11.5 points
7. Mizzou guard Jabari Brown averaging 21 points last seven games. Coach Frank Haith: ”His numbers are ridiculous for a perimeter player what he’s doing.”
8. Gamecocks, winless in SEC, coming off blowout loss at Georgia. Coach Frank Martin: “I’m obviously doing a crappy job of coaching because these guys can’t grab a rebound off a free throw and they can’t make a layup.”
Tennessee at Florida – Gators favored by 9 points
9. Cuonzo Martin is 3-0 as Tennessee’s coach against Florida. Jordan McRae: ”I think Florida’s just a good matchup for us.”
10. Gators know Tennessee’ frontline will pose a challenge. Casey Prather: “They’re going to definitely be physical with us.”
Auburn at Arkansas – Razorbacks favored by 11.5 points
11. Auburn coach Tony Barbee on Arkansas: “I’ve never seen a team like that, that plays so different from home and the road…”
12. Arkansas has struggled late in games in SEC play. Coach Mike Anderson: We have to be more assertive.”
LSU at Alabama – Crimson Tide favored by 1.5 points
13. Tigers haven’t won in Tuscaloosa since 2004. Johnny Jones on the Crimson Tide: ”They’re very quick, fast and strong. ”
14. Alabama guard G Retin Obasohan (hip flexor) will be a game-time decision.