1. Johnny Manziel has picked a contract agent and a marketing group. Will reportedly announce his NFL intentions today. Gil Brandt says Manziel’s paperwork is in. Apparently not his only big decision, though.
2. Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher on Nick Saban: “I think he’s a tremendous coach and a tremendous guy, and he and I will always stay close friends.”
3. Good news for Auburn – bad news for everyone else. For the first time in his college coaching career, a Gus Malzahn team will return its starting quarterback. But should Malzahn split snaps between Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson?
6. One recruit and one transfer are on campus and taking classes at Ole Miss.
7. Bowl game attendance on the decline for the fourth straight season- lowest since 1978-79.
8. Auburn left tackle Greg Robinson is NFL bound. Could go in the first 10-to-15 picks.
9. Teammate and fellow lineman Reese Dismukes will return for his senior year.
11. Missouri running back Henry Josey’s draft projections came back fourth round or later – but he’s leaving anyway.
13. Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson will return for his senior year.
14. Record 80 underclassmen have already declared for draft.
15. Arkansas opens SEC play on the road at Texas A&M. Will the Razorbacks be a better road team this season?
16. South Carolina opens on the road at Florida without Bruce Ellington who’s decided to enter NFL draft. ”He brought that leadership that our team is kind of lacking in certain areas.” Is Ellington the last of the two-sport stars?
17. Why Florida needs to be ready for a “puzzling” South Carolina team.
18. Mississippi State travels to Kentucky – first ranked team Bulldogs have played this season.
19. Missouri opens conference play with Georgia. Tigers have had at least six days between every game for the past four weeks. Now will have to adjust to two games a week.
20. For the fourth time in the past five years, Georgia plays a ranked team to open the SEC schedule.
21. Pete Thamel: Forget freshman, transfers are the new prized recruits in college hoops. (Pretty sure Missouri coach Frank Haith agrees)
22. James Franklin isn’t the only candidate that Penn State has interest in. Reportedly will interview San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman. One report says he’s already interviewed.
23. Believed to be five finalists for the Louisville football head coach’s job or maybe it’s just three? Either way, Bobby Petrino makes the cut. Update: Yahoo! Sports says hiring of Petrino is “imminent.”
24. Painful. Auburn fan doesn’t hedge bet that would have paid him $50,000 if the Tigers had won Monday night.
25. Memphis basketball coach Josh Pastner fires his trainer. The guy is his brother-in-law.