Alabama proving that it has the worst fans. It's easy to be a fan when you win every game, but lose a couple and see what happens? Moms and Grandmas go crazy..
1. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin will reportedly interview with Penn State on Sunday.
2. Gus Malzhan and NFL rumors: “I’m happy at Auburn and I think I’ve made that clear.”
3. Understanding Malzhan’s success: “To really understand it, you have to see how every piece of the foundation was built.”
4. Media day today in Pasadena - then Auburn will get a full practice behind closed doors.
5. Ellis Johnson on Auburn’s defensive stats: ”The whole thing has sort of confounded me.”
6. Was the SEC overrated this year? And if so, what does that mean for Auburn?
7. John Clay: “Right now, it’s good to be a Stoops.”
8. Is the coaching search at Texas more evidence that the power in the state has shifted to A&M?
9. What’s next for Alabama? “One of the most fascinating offseason questions in a long time.”
10.The viral video of the Alabama woman fighting Oklahoma fans - says they were taunting her son and called her a name.
11. Why didn’t Derrick Henry get the ball more in the Sugar Bowl?
12. Missouri linebacker Andrew Wilson bypassed his father last night in terms of tackles at the school.
13. With two bowl games left- Vanderbilt today and Auburn Monday night - the SEC is now 6-2.
14. One of those two losses was Georgia – Bulldogs fan decides to burn UGA flag.
15. LSU running back Jeremy Hill was the star of the Outback Bowl – but don’t forget the performance of the offensive line.
16. Tennessee looks to have plenty of options at tight end for 2014.
17. Texas A&M receiver Ricky Seals-Jones on quarterback Johnny Manziel: “He’s gone.”
18. LSU defensive tackle Ego Ferguson and right guard Trai Turner have joined Athletes’ Performance – operation that prepares players for the NFL Combine. On Friday, former LSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson and safety Craig Loston signed with ProSource Sports.
19. South Carolina wide receiver Bruce Ellington will enter NFL draft. Two-sport star will no longer play basketball.
20. Florida junior cornerback Marcus Roberson joins teammate Loucheiz Purifoy in declaring for the draft.
21. Alabama linebacker Adrian Hubbard will meet with coach Nick Saban next week before announcing a draft decision.
22. Sugar Bowl television audience largest since 2007.
23. George Washington 73 – Georgia 55. Second-straight double-digit loss for the Bulldogs.
24. With Dre Applewhite transferring, Mississippi State must shuffle its roster.
25. Tusculum at Tennessee. Riding a two-game winning streak, are the Vols back on track?
26. Richmond at Florida. Two areas of concern for the Gators - free-throw shooting and assists.
27. UTPA at Texas A&M
28. Long Beach State at Missouri. Tigers have an 80-game home streak in nonconference play.
29. Robert Morris at Alabama
30. Florida A&M at Auburn
31. Dayton at Ole Miss. Based on RPI, victory by the Rebels would be their best of the season.
32. Rhode Island at LSU. With the New Orleans playing tonight, LSU moves to an earlier gametime.
33. UTSA at Arkansas
34. Northeastern at Vanderbilt. Commodores try to bounce back after loss to St. Louis.
36. Earlier Friday, Jimbo Fisher rumors were circulating. Florida State QB Jameis Winston: “I’m gonna ask if I can go with him – yeah, I’m serious, he’s my coach.”
37. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Florida State has given Winston the opportunity to become the next Bo Jackson,”
38. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops and the Cleveland Browns?