1. New Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason filling out his staff - indications are that defense could switch to 3-4 scheme.
2. Auburn close to completing pay raises for the football staff.
3. Of the five FBS schools in Alabama, four of them are led by former high school coaches. Only exception is Alabama’s Nick Saban.
4. Missouri wide receiver Levi Copelin arrested for a misdemeanor peace disturbance.
5. Missouri defensive end Markus Golden – the makings of being a star in the SEC?
6. Former Florida tight end Kent Taylor is reconnecting with Charlie Weis at Kansas.
7. Two former LSU players headed to Southeastern Louisiana.
8. Mississippi State fans will get the chance to put their finger prints on the renovation of Davis Wade Stadium.
9. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier and Clemson coach Dabo Swinney cross paths at a Georgia high school.
10. Nick Saban on the record number of underclassmen entering the NFL draft: ”I don’t think the NFL really wants this, I don’t really think the colleges want this.”
11. Alabama’s Kevin Norwood out to prove at the Senior Bowl that he can a 40-yard dash faster than 4.6 seconds.
12. Auburn’s Cody Parkey will kick for the South team at the Senior Bowl. His holder will be Alabama punter Cody Mandell.
13. Former Florida defensive back Jaylen Watkins making an impression in Mobile this week.
14. Players at the Senior Bowl have plenty of opinions about a variety of topics including hiring of coaches and Johnny Manziel’s chances in the NFL.
15. ESPNU’s signing day coverage will feature reporters at five SEC schools - Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee and Texas A&M.
16. Kentucky basketball assistant strengh coach Brian Shorter arrested Thursday morning. Accused of shoving his wife into unheated garage and pouring water on her.
17. Arkansas A.D. Jeff Long on the Razorbacks 1-4 start to SEC play. ”You know, if there was a magic formula I would utilize it now, but we’re close. I think our fans can see we’re close.”
18. Super Bowl in the snow? Latest weather forecast says there’s a 30% chance.