1. Monte Kiffin says Lane Kiffin is “fired up” to be coaching at Alabama.
2. Alabama will have “a guy coming in from Florida State” to play quarterback, according to Kevin Norwood. Jacob Coker?
3. Athlon Sports ranked Alabama and Auburn inside the top 25 for 2014. See which school is ranked higher.
4. The SEC leads the way with 31 players getting ready to compete in the Super Bowl.
5. The friendship between Georgia assistants Will Friend and Jeremy Pruitt goes back almost two decades.
6. Quarterback Connor Shaw on his time at South Carolina: “At the end of the day I’m a winner.”
7. Coaches and recruits continue to leave Vanderbilt to join James Franklin at Penn State.
8. LSU will need good defense from its backcourt when the Tigers host Missouri Tuesday night.
9. Missouri is trying to be better at making shots around the rim.
10. Texas A&M will have to bounce back in a big way as it gets set to play at Kentucky Tuesday night.
11. Kentucky will keep an eye on Texas A&M’s Jamal Jones, who’s scored 20+ points in three straight games.
12. Kentucky has focused on boxing out since it was outrebounded by Tennessee on Saturday.
13. Auburn has lost 14 straight SEC games but coach Tony Barbee believes his team is close to turning the corner.
14. Marshall Henderson has transitioned nicely since his return from a two-game SEC suspension.
15. Mississippi State is certainly off to a better start than a year ago. Coach Rick Ray hopes to build off the early success.
16. Billy Donovan is happy Florida has a 4-0 SEC record, “but right now it doesn’t really mean a whole lot moving forward.”
17. Former Alabama defensive end Ed Stinson won’t play because of a lingering issue.
18. Auburn’s Dee Ford has looked explosive during drills this week.
19. Arkansas’ Chris Smith is one of the players whose stock is on the rise.
20. Several former SEC players were mentioned here after Monday’s Senior Bowl practice.
21. The Kansas basketball team picked up a second impressive win in three days by beating Baylor Monday night.
22. Check out Kansas’ Wayne Selden Jr. making a save while diving into the stands.
23. Monday night was a good one for Creighton and Nebraska. They both pulled off impressive upsets on Monday.
24. Ticket prices for the first college football national championship game will be very high.