1. New Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason: ”I’m never going to try and be James Franklin.”
3. David Climer: ”If first impressions count for anything, the Commodores hired the right coach.”
4. Former Alabama quarterback Luke Del Rio is transferring to Oregon State.
5. Alabama running back Alvin Kamara confirms his transfer decision.
6. An Auburn prediction: “Something tells me Malzahn and Auburn could be back in the national championship a time or two.”
7. Who will replace Greg Robinson at offensive tackle for the Tigers?
8. Steve Spurrier addresses the crowd at the South Carolina basketball game: “We’ve been fortunate to beat that big, orange team from upstate about five straight years — pretty convincingly.”
9. Gary Pinkel’s pitch on Missouri: “We think that, in our player development program, we do it as good as anybody in the country, and better than most.”
10. Pinkel on Dorial Green-Beckham: “I never discuss any disciplinary issues.”
11. Alabama’s defensive line line looks to be in good shape for next season.
12. SEC paydirt. Conference schools received an average payout of $20.8 million in 2012-2013 – a 2-percent jump from previous year.
13. LSU fullback J.C. Copeland earns the MVP award at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. Missouri quarterback James Franklin started for the American team.
14. Arkansas’ Zach Hocker kicks three field goals – East beats West in Shrine Game.
15. Four Alabama seniors will play in the Senior Bowl.
16. Expect the SEC and the other power conferences to be getting more autonomy from the NCAA.
***NFL releases official list of underclassmen declaring for draft.***
17. Suspended Auburn forward Chris Griffin has left the team – plans to transfer.
18. Mark Wiedmar on Tennessee coming up short Saturday at Kentucky: “At some point, if that pattern continues, Martin’s time as the Tennessee coach might also come up short, his teams just good enough to get beat when it matters most.”
19. NBA scouts were on hand to watch Kentucky’s young players Saturday - and also Tennessee’s Jarnell Stokes.