1. Like his counterpart today, Gus Malzahn, Missouri coach Gary Pinkel could be headed for a significant boost to his salary.
2. Before hiring Boise State’s Chris Peterson, the A.D. at Washington spoke with the agent for Pinkel ”a few times.”
3. No Friday walk through at the Georgia Dome for Missouri due to travel delays caused by bad weather.
4. Quite a matchup today with Auburn’s running game facing Missouri’s defensive line.
5. Bernie Miklasz: “If this game is to be settled in the space where the biggest bodies collide, I like Mizzou’s chances.”
6. Missouri’s lone loss came against South Carolina.Auburn spent a lot of time watching that tape.
7. “If Auburn has one clear advantage over Mizzou it might be on special teams.”
8. MrSEC: “This one should be fun to watch and the winner should (but probably won’t) get a BCS Championship Game bid.”
9. Tennessee offensive lineman Antonio “Tiny” Richardson will leave school early and enter the NFL draft.
10. South Carolina’s bowl destination? “The Cotton Bowl would like to invite South Carolina, but it’s unsure whether the Gamecocks will be available.”
11. Stewart Mandel: “The Buckeyes’ schedule isn’t just bad; it’s historically bad.”
12. RIP BCS. ”The Bowl Championship Series, age 16, dies Dec. 8.”
13. It’s been a good year for former Phillip Fulmer assistants at Tennessee.
14. Bowling Green – coached by former Tennessee assistant Dave Clawson – upset Northern Illinois Friday night. That victory has BCS implications.
15. Scott Rabalais: ”If both FSU and Ohio State falter? Knock … knock … knock. That’s No. 4 Alabama rapping at the door.”
16. Tim Tebow and the SEC Network? ”If he would like to give up his football dreams, I think anybody would want to talk to Tim Tebow.”
17. SEC Network will have traveling football pre-game show hosted by ESPN’s Joe Tessitore.