SEC Headlines 12/6/2013
1. Auburn A.D. Jay Jacobs again presses the case for a one-loss SEC team in BCS title game: “I just think whoever wins the game Saturday belongs in Pasadena. If Missouri knocks off No. 3 and they’re No. 5, look at their strength of schedule.”
2. This is Auburn’s second trip to SEC Championship Game in four years. ”That’s one more than Alabama and one more than LSU…”
4. If you want to make Gus Malzhan bristle, call his offense “The Spread.”
5. Malzahn on Missouri’s receivers: “They’re playmakers. They definitely present challenges.”
6. Bryan Burwell on the changes at Missouri: ”If they remained in the Big 12, Mizzou’s offense would still be heavy on finesse and light on muscle.”
7. If you’re looking for a player that symbolizes Mizzou’s comeback this year, hard to find a better representative that running back Henry Josey.
8. Former Missouri player Lorenzo Williams on the difference between this year’s team and the one that won the Big 12 North in 2007. ”They’re a much better team than we were.”
9. Missouri will make its 2013 CBS debut Saturday. First time in 13 seasons that network didn’t televise a team that made it to championship game.
10. You know it when you hear it. The CBS theme song for college football (never named) has opened every college football broadcast on the network since 1987.
11. Would Texas A&M co-offensive coordinator Jake Spavital be the answer for Florida’s offensive woes?
12. LSU Freshman tailback/defensive back Jeryl Brazil has been kicked out of the LSU football program.
13. Cotton or Outback Bowl likely for LSU but Gator Bowl also a possibility.
15. Out with an ACL injury and his college career over, Murray will travel to Georgia’s bowl game – but on his own accord.
16. Former Georgia running back Tim Worley on Todd Gurley: “I put him right there with Herschel. Not quite as fast, but I put him right there with Herschel Walker.”
20. With Kentucky playing Baylor tonight at AT&T Stadium tonight, Julius Randle gets to play in front of family and friends.
21. Freshman Bobby Portis has emerged as a key weapon for Arkansas.
22. Florida plays Kansas Tuesday – neither Scottie Wilbekin nor Kasey Hill have been ruled out.
23. Tennessee averaging just 9.9 turnovers a game this year.
24. West Virginia was a good test for Missouri – UCLA on Saturday will be a better one.