1. Missouri’s run defense or Auburn’s run offense? “Four times this season, Auburn has run for more than twice what its opponent usually gives up.”
2. Gary Pinkel on coaching rumors: ”I’m a Missouri Tiger and I’m going to stay a Missouri Tiger.”
3. MrSEC on Gus Malzahn and Texas talk: ”There’s no denying it’s better to be at the #1 “name” school in a state…”
4. Will Missouri jump Alabama with a victory over Auburn? ESPN’s Brad Edwards: “Just a win over Auburn in the computer part alone would send them past Alabama. “
5. Can Auburn jump Ohio State if both teams win? Edwards: ”Auburn…is going to need approximately 75 percent of voters to have them ahead of Ohio State on their final ballots..”
6. SEC Commissioner Mike Slive makes the case for this Saturdays’ winner: “The SEC champion with one loss ought to play for a national championship.”
7. Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson on Missouri quarterback James Franklin: “He’s a big 230-pound guy. When he pulls it down, he’s not easy to tackle.”
8. Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall won a state title in high school at the Georgia Dome.
9. Auburn backup linebacker and special teams player Javiere Mitchell suffered a “slight concussion” in Iron Bowl but expected to play Saturday.
10. CBS analyst Gary Danielson was at the Missouri practice Wednesday: ”I think the coach needs to see me in person.”
11. The SEC on CBS had its best year ever for ratings- up 24% percent.
12. Mike Slive doesn’t like the idea of an Iron Bowl rematch in the Sugar Bowl: ”If you’re playing for the national championship, I would be in favor of a rematch. Not if you have other options.”
13. “The SEC West is no longer Alabama, LSU and the four dwarves.”
14. Five reasons why the Cotton Bowl should select Texas A&M over LSU.
15. How does an ACL injury impact LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger’s NFL draft chances?
16. South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw will play in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl all-star game next month.
17. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier is not impressed with Florida State’s schedule: “They beat Clemson, and that’s about it.”
19. Alabama 76 – North Florida 48. 20 points for Levi Randolph and 12 from freshman Jimmie Taylor.
21. A win tonight over Kansas State would give Ole Miss its best start since the 2007-2008 season.
22. Mississippi State plays TCU tonight - first Bulldogs opponent from a major conference.
23. “Missouri, 7-0, is undefeated but also largely untested.” That changes tonight with a game against West Virginia.
24. 4-3 Vanderbilt faces Marshall tonight.Coach Kevin Stallings sees a need to emphasize winning. “We’re not playing 7-year-old soccer.”
25. Kentucky will play Baylor Friday night at the Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium