SEC Title Game
1. Who is your SEC Coach of the Year – Gus Malzahn or Gary Pinkel?
2. Mizzou and Auburn went undefeated against five common opponents. The average score for the East Division Tigers was 33-16. For the West Division winners – 42-27.
3. Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson on busted plays and blown assignments: “That’s got to stop or we’re not going to win a championship.” Watch Johnson talk about the matchup with Missouri here.
4. Gus Malzahn on Jay Prosch: “Jay Prosch, in my opinion, is the best fullback in college football.”
5. Auburn tailback Tre Mason overlooked? -SEC’s leading rusher not a finalist for the Doak Walker Award. Will consider jump to NFL after the season.
6. Missouri just one of three BCS teams to not allow more than 28 points in a game this year.
7. Jeff Schutlz: “There is nothing cheap about Missouri being here.”
8. Sports fans in every state but one (can you guess the one?) think Auburn will win on Saturday.
9. Auburn’s Nosa Eguae and Missouri’s Eric Waters were high school teammates.
10. What a difference a year makes for both of these teams. Auburn gets a magazine cover – War Damn Miracle.
11. Have you taken the MrSEC blind resume test?
12. Gary Danielson on the Iron Bowl: “To me, this one was comparable to when the U.S. hockey (team) beat the Russians (in 1980).”
13. Does the 2010 Iron Bowl provide a roadmap for this year’s Alabama team?
14. The search for Florida’s next offensive coordinator will probably continue through bowl season.
15. Should LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger miss his final college game with an ACL injury, it will be the third time in nine years the Tigers have played a bowl game starting a backup quarterback.
16. Steve Spurrier wants his South Carolina team to play in the Cotton Bowl: “That would be a trip that would probably be at the top of our list, if we had a choice.”
17. “While the Cotton Bowl is a possibility, it’s not the most likely one, and it’s probably not in the top two.”
18. Jadeveon Clowney on his decision to go to South Carolina: “It’s probably the best decision of my life.”
19. Mississippi State offensive lineman Gabe Jackson recognized as the top football player in the state.
20. Mississippi State safety Nikoe Whitley forced the Bo Wallace fumble that led to an Egg Bowl victory. Had surgery for torn ACL – which happened in Week 3 of the season. Will miss bowl game and end his college career.
21. Some bowl projections for Mississippi State (Birmingham likely) and for Ole Miss - Rebels headed to Nashville?
22. Mark Bradley on Mark Richt’s Georgia Bulldogs: “How many times have we been able to say, ‘They just got outfought’? (As opposed to outplayed, mind you.) ”
23. All indications point to Hutson Mason as Georgia’s quarterback in 2014. What about 2015?
24. Arkansas hired Bret Bielema one year ago today. What’s the outlook for the Razorbacks?
25. Is quarterback Patrick Towles unhappy at Kentucky?
26. Defending the BCS. ”The inconvenient truth is that the BCS has done its job pretty darn well most of the time.”
27. Matt Hayes: “What makes Ohio State think its schedule is any better than TCU in 2010. Or Boise State 2009? Or Utah in 2008?”
28. Study: Every Division I university in Alabama had higher growth in athletic spending than academic spending per student from 2007 to 2011.
29. Arkansas 117 – Southeastern Louisiana 65. Michael Qualls and Bobby Portis with 16 points each.
30. Florida guard Scott Wilbekin has a high-ankle sprain - out indefinitely. Banged-up Gators may be severely shorthanded in upcoming games.
31. What does Georgia miss most about Kentavious Caldwell-Pope? It’s not his offense.
32. A judge has approved deferred prosecution for former Alabama basketball player Devonta Pollard.