1. By the year 2030, 55% of the country’s population will be in ACC country. Is it set to challenge the SEC for dominance?
2. SEC dominance fact or media hype? Iowa receiver Kevonte- Martin-Manley: “I think it’s a little bit more media hype.”
3. Gus Malzahn on the SEC-ACC matchup in the BCS title game: ”I don’t care what conference they’re from, we’ve got our hands full.” Watch Malzahn address the media Saturday.
4. Does Nick Saban deserve credit for Florida State’s success?
5. Former Auburn defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder will reportedly be hired as DC at Notre Dame.
6. More than 31% of players to sign with Missouri since Gary Pinkel took the reigns have come from Texas. How does the move to the SEC impact the pipeline? Mizzou has more players from Texas than any other SEC team except Texas A&M.
7. Alabama linebacker Trey DePriest says he’s coming back for his senior year.
8. Similiar story at Georgia where linebacker Ramik Wilson says he’s returning next season.
9. A tough luck year at Georgia where the Bulldogs lost three games by a total of eight points.
10. LSU offensive guard Vadal Alexander on freshman quarterback Anthony Jennings: “He’s a very mature guy.”
11. Payouts for SEC bowls total more than $56 million. So why is it basically a “break-even” proposition?
12. Vanderbilt bowl ticket sales near 13,000. Original allotment was for 10,000.
13. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin on the suspension of freshman linebacker Darian Claiborne: “There are consequences to everybody’s actions, good and bad.” Watch Sumlin address the media Saturday.
14. New Aggies offensive coordinator Jake Spavital “will be expected to quicken the tempo and use the running backs and tight ends.”
15. Ole Miss and Mississippi State players enjoying the swag that comes from going to bowl games.
16. Alabama guard Trevor Releford came off the bench against UCLA last night – “disciplinary issue.” Scored a season-high 34 points.
17. Tim Sullivan on Kentucky-Louisville: “The Wildcats were too big, too strong and, strangely enough, much more resilient than almost anyone imagined.”
18. “It’s hard to imagine how Saturday’s game could have gone any better for Calipari.”
19. “Missouri’s win in its’ first true road game of the season is an important one for the Tigers.”
20. Former Notre Dame player and St. Louis native Cameron Biedscheid talking to Missouri about transferring.
21. “Moneyball” – college basketball style. Florida one of the schools employing advanced basketball metrics.
22. ESPN”s Chris Fowler was choking to death on a chicken sandwich before Jesse Palmer performed the Heimlich maneuver.
23. Why this is such an important week for recruiting at LSU.
24. Coaching merry go-round set to spin. Bill O’Brien to the Houston Texans – Greg Schiano to Penn State?