1. Georgia suspends two defensive backs for the Gator Bowl. Starting safety Josh Harvey-Clemons and cornerback Sheldon Dawson will miss the game due to violation of “team regulations.”
2. Georgia reserve quarterback Christian LeMay and former Bulldog safety Shaquille Fluker reportedly transferring to Jacksonville State.
3. Suspended Alabama defensive end LaMichael Fanning will reportedly transfer to Jacksonville State. Made news in 2012 for slamming Missouri running back Russell Hansbrough to the turf.
4. Former LSU running back Jeryl Brazil headed to East Mississippi Community College.
5. Florida coach Will Muschamp interviewed Duke offensive coordinator Kurt Roper on Monday. Roper began his coaching career at Tennessee.
6. More honors for Auburn coach Gus Malzahn – named on Monday as the Associated Press Coach of the Year.
7. Five former coaches at Tulsa have left and gone on to win national titles at other schools in the last 20 years. Gus Malzahn was Tulsa’s offensive coordinator in 2007.
8. South Carolina running back Mike Davis trying to get healthy for the bowl game. ”I hope I’ll be 100 percent by the time we get to Florida.”
9. Will he or won’t he? Missouri defensive end Kony Ealy weighs the pros and cons of leaving school early for the NFL draft.
10. Mike Davis and Missouri’s defense are among the groups with the most to prove in the bowl games.
11. The Liberty Bowl will be the last game at Ole Miss for backup quarterback Barry Brunetti: “With the opportunity I had, I fulfilled it.”
12. One way to gauge interest in bowl games? Look at hotel search data.
13. Some questions and answers about college football’s new playoff format that will start next season.
14. Kentucky’s Willie Cauley-Stein on coming back after the Christmas break to play Louisville: “It’s the worst scheduling ever. That’s my opinion.”
15. Kentucky has had a heavy reliance on first-year players against Louisville in recent years.
16. When Arkansas returns from Christmas break, Razorbacks will have two more games before beginning conference play.
17. Seth Davis: “ I usually caution against overreacting to one bad game, but Tennessee’s loss at home to N.C. State was as bad as they come.”
18. Mack Brown was forced out at Texas after University of Texas president Bill Powers abruptly withdrew his support.