1. An argument for James Franklin to take the Texas job. ”Given what he has done at Vanderbilt, imagine what he can do with the resources in Austin.”
2. Florida will open its 2017 season against Michigan in Arlington, Texas. Impact of playoffs?
3. Texas A&M changing playcallers - Jake Spavital promoted to offensive coordinator. Just last week, a Florida paper called him “a good fit” for Gators.
4. Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin on Johnny Manziel: ”He is without a doubt the most exciting player in America.”
5. LSU sophomore safety Micah Eugene, sophomore defensive back Jerqwinick Sandolph, and redshirt freshman defensive back Derrick Raymond reportedly won’t travel to the Outback Bowl – LSU careers may be over.
6. LSU running back Jeremy Hill has his curfew extended to 11 p.m. from 9 p.m. at a probation hearing. Attorney says Hill had trouble going to movies or late dinner by 9:00.
7. Ole Miss freshman tight end Christian Morgan says he’s transferring.
8. Georgia coach Mark Richt says Tramel Terry’s move from wide receiver to safety is not an experiment. ”I wouldn’t say anything is ever permanent, but the plan is for him to be there.”
9. Missouri’s defense still digesting getting gashed by Auburn in the SEC Championship Game. Defensive end Kony Ealy: “I’m not going to say it was a fluke, but we didn’t come out there with our ‘A’ game. They did, and they went on.”
10. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier breaks down the Gatorade bath.
11. Forbes says Texas is the most valuable football program in America. Alabama – at No. 3 – most valuable in SEC. Conference has nine teams in the top 20.
12. I count six SEC players on this list of consensus All-Americans.
SEC Bowl Practices
13. Alabama coach Nick Saban won’t start talking about Oklahoma until after practice wraps up today.
14. South Carolina freshman linebacker Skai Moore on Wisconsin: ”We’re expecting them to come out ready to hit us in the mouth to make a statement.”
15. After the bowl game is done, Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace will work on getting strength back to his surgically repaired shoulder.
16. Georgia will need to replace three seniors along its offensive line after the Gator Bowl.
17. LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr is one of five SEC players to watch in the bowl games.
18. Georgia linebacker Ramik Wilson - the SEC’s leading tackler this season – still considering a possible jump to the NFL.
19. Georgia coach Mark Richt: ”I hope everyone comes back. I’m not hearing a lot of buzz about it right now.”
20. ESPN analyst Todd McShay projects three first-round picks coming from Alabama.
21. McShay has South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney slipping to fifth overall. Mel Kiper still has him at No 1.
22. Auburn center Reese Dismukes - a draft-eligible junior – has submitted the paperwork for an NFL draft evaluation.
23. Dunk City comes to Starkville. Mississippi State hosts Florida Gulf Coast.
24. Can Arkansas avoid the post-exam hangover against UT-Martin tonight?
25. Former Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl on SEC Hoops: “We have too many venues where there are too many empty seats.”
26. It’s still just December but Tennessee running out of time to pad its NCAA Tournament resume.
27. Although his team has essentially settling into a seven-man rotation, Missouri coach Frank Haith still looking for the right playing-time mix .
28. Is Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher interested in the Texas job?“ I ain’t getting into all the rumors. …”
29. Arkansas State hires North Carolina offensive coordinator Blake Anderson.
30. Ken Pomeroy on SIU basketball coach Barr Hinson’s epic meltdown and “the magic of negative motivation.”
31. Ever wondered what Danica Patrick would look like as a bodybuilder?