With respect to SEC team wins/losses vs. final BCS top 25 teams ... how many of those games were SEC vs. SEC? A much better list would be wins/losses of SEC teams vs. other conference teams.
1. Bowl games are money makers, not money losers. ”The perception is out there that schools are losing money going to bowl games and the reality is that’s not true,”
2. Alabama coach Nick Saban was in Ohio yesterday but that didn’t stop someone from paging him at the Austin, Texas airport.
3. Coaches All-SEC team – Alabama with the most players at nine. LSU close behind with 8.
4. It’s Alabama vs. Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl - OU players are already talking smack. ”No other college football game has featured two teams that have won more bowl games with Alabama’s 34 and Oklahoma’s 27.”
5. Charles Barkley: “Listen, other than LSU and Alabama fans most of the SEC fans are cool.”
6. Auburn-Missouri tied the Alabama-Texas A&M game for the highest-rated college football game this year.
7. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn hasn’t set the bowl practice schedule yet but he’ll draw on the experience from 2010. Malzahn named Home Depot Coach of the Year.
8. Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee’s wife meets Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi – gives him hug.
9. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze no longer the lowest paid coach in the SEC West - gets a four-year deal that will pay him $3 million in 2014.
11. South Carolina was the only program this year to beat two teams that will play in BCS bowls. Steve Spurrier: “It’s been a very good year.”
12. Three Tennes see freshmen played every game this year. Six of them didn’t take a snap and are redshirt eligible.
13. David Climer says a lot of Vanderbilt fans “are looking down their noses at their destination — the BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham.” MrSEC: “The bowl system isn’t fair.”
14. Just two SEC teams open as underdogs in bowl games - Auburn and South Carolina.
15. Only two SEC teams have above .500 records over the past five years against top 25 teams in the final BCS standings.
16. Does Jadeveon Clowney’s speeding ticket for going 100 MPH hurt his chances at being the No. 1 overall pick? Mel Kiper: “Doesn’t help. He’s in a battle to be the No. 1 pick and at that level it does matter.”
17. Auburn redshirt sophomore offensive lineman Greg Robinson undecided on NFL plans. Kiper ranks him at No. 14 on his big board.
18. Issues at Texas go beyond Mack Brown. ”The smarter questions that reared themselves again on Tuesday were about the bizarre leadership issues that could impede Texas making a hire.”
19. The coaches pipeline known as Arkansas State loses another one. Bryan Harsin reportedly headed to Boise State.
20. NAIA basketball player hits half-court shot at NBA game and wins $20,000. He can keep the money.