1. Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel, Alabama QB AJ McCarron and Auburn RB Tre Mason are among six finalists for the Heisman Trophy.
2. Athlon Sports gives five reasons why Auburn will beat Florida State in the BCS championship game.
3. Alabama led the SEC with four players on the Associated Press first team. The Crimson Tide has nine players overall.
4. Was it Alabama or Oregon that got a break by missing the other in a bowl game? Oregon fans are split on that one.
5. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is impressed with Alabama. “I appreciate good football, and they play it, and they play it the right way,” he said.
6. Auburn tight end C.J. Uzomah is “banged up” as the Tigers begin BCS championship preparation.
7. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has a chance to earn more than $1 million in bonuses this season.
8. LSU needs a bowl win over Iowa, writes Ron Higgins. LSU lost to Clemson in last year’s Chick-fil-A Bowl.
9. Florida will delay the start of spring practice in order to make sure quarterback Jeff Driskel is healthy and able to participate.
10. Marc Weiszer takes a look at Georgia during the BCS era. The Bulldogs played in three BCS bowl games.
11. South Carolina’s win over Clemson helped create the path for South Carolina to reach the Capital One Bowl.
12. Missouri will have a chance to separate itself from that 2007 team that followed similar path as this one.
13. Florida will host Kansas tonight. The Jayhawks will be led by forwards Perry Ellis and Andrew Wiggins.
14. Florida guard Eli Carter will take a medical redshirt this season as he continues to recover from a broken leg.
15. One sportswriter left Kentucky completely off his top 25 ballot.
16. Kentucky’s learning curve is still steep as the Wildcats prepare to host Boise State tonight.
17. Auburn and Alabama will both have some freaks playing in BCS bowls this season.
18. Report: Dave Clawson is leaving Bowling Green to become the head coach at Wake Forest.
19. CBS Sports provides its top 25 (and one) in college basketball. The SEC has three teams listed.