Davis’ Game-Winning TD Ball From Iron Bowl Could Be Worth $100,000

chris-davis-return-in-iron-bowlFirst things first, Auburn University has tracked down the ball Chris Davis carried as he scored the game-winning touchdown in last Saturday’s Iron Bowl.  You can expect it to be displayed prominently somewhere on the AU campus moving forward.

But one sports memorabilia expert says that ball could fetch up to $100,000 if put on the market.  Brandon Steiner told Bloomberg.com that the game-winning pigskin is “one of the great balls from one of the great games.”

Technically, that ball would be worth whatever the biggest spender and/or craziest Auburn fan would be willing to spend on it.  There are probably some well-oiled Tiger backers who’d throw down more than 100K for the ball… if it were to be put up for auction… which it won’t be.

Once retrieved, the ball was presented to Auburn AD Jay Jacobs who’s gone from idiot (“He hired Gene Chizik.”) to genius (“He hired Gene Chizik!”) to idiot (“He hired Gene ‘Frickin’ Chizik.”) and back to genius again (“He hired Gus Malzahn!”) in a span of four years.

Ironically, since Alabama was kicking on the play, the ball in question was actually a Crimson Tide football.  But Alabama has no desire to get the ball back and it bears no Crimson Tide logos, unlike most school-supplied footballs of the age.  Again, expect it to be put on display somewhere on the Auburn campus.

1. great deals says:

great deals

Davis’ Game-Winning TD Ball From Iron Bowl Could Be Worth $100,000 – MrSEC.com | SEC Football News | SEC Basketball News | SEC Football Recruiting | SEC Basketball Recruiting

2. http://wedddresses.blog.fc2blog.us/

3. Website We Think You Should Visit…

[...]one of our viewers recently recommended the subsequent website[...]…

4. http://www.cambcorp.co.uk/pandora-bracelets.html

5. http://partydressess.blogtez.com/

6. Pandora Charms Canada

7. ukrg bags says:

ukrg bags

8. hcxwyfoih says:

hcxwyfoih

9. yvbhyyd says:

yvbhyyd

What type of images am I ‘legally’ allowed to include in my blog posts?

11. wow thats great

i’m not used to the new Yahoo! Pulse that comes with your email. i like blogging though… and i don’t know how to change the blog settings to make your posts invisible to everyone except you and stuff. help please DX.

Great

Well I started my blog in the beginning of March, I have 21 different entries already. How soon do you think the web crawler will pickup my blog and index it into the search engines?.

Maybe…

How do I add Facebook comment box to Blogger, different in each post?

wow thats great

How many articles does it take to start a good blog?

15. Google says:

Google

Every once inside a although we pick blogs that we read. Listed beneath are the newest internet sites that we select.

If I start a blog on Myspace, will it get listed in search engines like Google? If so, is there a way to keep them from being crawled?.. Thank you.

How to apply for google adsense account for my all 3 blogs and 2 websites?

18. yxyczq says:

yxyczq

Agree with your mind. Hope you can keep update your post. I wanna back. bye!

How do I start website for the sole purpose of redirecting people to another website?

wow thats great

Can my blogs be seen by others even if I do not buy a domain name?

I recently started a blog, and I was just wondering how people have promoted their blogs online to get more followers so you aren’t just typing to nothing out in the internet?. Oh, and for my blog, I don’t really want my friends to be my followers, u…

22. Maybe…

If you are writing on a newspaper’s website on a specific issue are you considered a website columnist or a blogger? What separates the two?.