1. A little reverse psychology by Steve Spurrier? “First of all, Missouri is a very, very good team that is probably not going to lose the game.”
2. Texas A&M offensive coordinator Clarence McKinney on the Missouri defense: ”They’re not as big as some of the fronts we’ve played in the past, but they’re probably quicker than anyone we’ve faced.”
3. Johnny Manziel can still reach 5,000 total yards this season.
4. South Carolina’s defense has sacked Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd 11 times the last two years.
5. Expect a more uptempo offense from Georgia with Hutson Mason under center.
6. Georgia wide receiver Malcolm Mitchell won’t be ready for spring practice but says he’s definitely returning to Georgia next year.
7. Former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville will be in the stands at Saturday’s Iron Bowl.
8. Both Florida State and Ohio State play early Saturday but Auburn coach Gus Malzahn doesn’t want to know the results.
11. What’s Will Muschamp’s assessment of offensive coordinator Brent Pease? “When you lose the top three tackles and two quarterbacks and a 1,000-yard rusher, it makes it very difficult to call plays.”
12. Is Florida’s defense up to the task of stoppping Jameis Winston and the Florida State attack?
13. With a victory over Mississippi State, Ole Miss could be headed to the Gator Bowl.
14. With a victory over Ole Miss, Mississippi State could be headed to the Liberty Bowl.
15. Vanderbilt riding an eight-game November winning streak. James Franklin: “As the year goes on, we get better and better.”
16. A tough four-year stretch for Tennessee – seniors just 6-25 in SEC play.
17. If Antonio “Tiny” Richardson leaves early for the NFL, Tennessee will have five new starters along its offensive line next season.
18. With Kentucky running back Raymond Sanders suspended for Saturday’s game against Tennessee, sophomore tailback Dyshawn Mobley should get plenty of opportunities.
19. LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger on his last home game: “It will be tough to play this last game because I’ll never get to play in Tiger Stadium again.”
20. Big challenge for Arkansas – stopping LSU on third down. Tigers lead SEC in third-down conversions.
21. LSU wide receiver Jarvis Landry with a little advice on this Thanksgiving: “The big guys have to pull away from the table and not have two or three Thanksgiving meals.”