1. A Texas A&M-Texas game? Don’t hold your breath for a regular season matchup. ”We hope to play them again in a BCS or playoff game at some point.”
2. This weekend’s game at Kyle Field will be the last before major renovations. Is it also the last home game for quarterback Johnny Manziel and receiver Mike Evans?
3. Injured Florida defensive tackle Dominique Easley has reportedly withdrawn from school and signed with an agent. Headed for the NFL. Gators quarterback Jeff Driskel gets the cast removed from his leg.
4. Nick Saban on LSU: “I think it’s one of the best offensive teams probably that we’ve faced all year.”
5. Fifteen years ago today, Nick Saban’s “process” was born.
6. So has Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze been getting any tips on Arkansas from Auburn coach Gus Malzahn? ”I wouldn’t put him in that position and he probably wouldn’t feel comfortable doing anything like that anyway.”
7. Arkansas is minus 9 in turnover margin - minus 12 in SEC play.
8. Tennessee is struggling again on third downs - on both sides of the ball. Alabama and Missouri converted 17-of-30 times.
9. Vols offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian on freshman quarterback Joshua Dobbs: “He makes a great first impression.”
10. Auburn one of the best fourth quarter teams in the country – lead the nation in fourth quarter rushing yards. Defense giving up just 3.3 points in the fourth quarter.
11. Field position could be key to the Vanderbilt-Florid game and Vandy punters have been struggling.
12. Florida changing ticket policies - school won’t ask for booster contribution increases for at least three years.
13. With injuries in its receiving corp, Kentucky needs its veterans to produce. So far, they haven’t – four receivers with just 18 catches between them.
14. Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown on Missouri: “They’ve had as many good defensive linemen in the last 5-7 years as anybody in the country.”
15. Missouri defensive end Michael Sam gets more headlines but don’t forget about Shane Ray – “once Sam graduates Ray will gain national attention unless he decides to declare for the 2014 draft.”
16. That LSU “Duck Dynasty” helmet? It’s just for show.
17. Missouri senior defensive lineman Marvin Foster tore his bicep tendon against Tennessee – career likely over.
18. LSU kicker Colby Delhoussay is healthy and read for the Alabama game. Had suffered a groin injury two weeks ago.
19. Georgia tight end Arthur Lynch has bruised ribs – probably out for the Appy State game. “Artie’s questionable at best at this point.”
20. Georgia coach Mark Richt on running back Todd Gurley: “He’s hobbling around a little bit.”
21. Ole Miss will play Robert Nkemdiche at defensive tackle this weekend – may become his permanent home.
22. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen and several players attended the funeral for the mother of quarterback Dak Prescott.
23. Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall back into a regular practice routine - had been bothered by an injured right shoulder.
24. Auburn tight end Brandon Fulse will travel to Tennessee - likely see action for the first time since Texas A&M game.
25. LSU 80 – Xavier 45. Tigers begin the regular season Tuesday morning against UMass. Tigers still awaiting word from NCAA on the eligibility of freshman forward Brian Bridgewater
26. Vanderbilt 66 – Alabama-Huntsville 60. Lone exhibition game for the Commodores – open Tuesday night against Georgia State.
27. Tennessee expects to have its big men tested in final exhibition game against Southern Indiana tonight.
28. South Carolina will have a young team this year; seven freshmen, five sophomores, only two seniors.
29. Here’s a look at Florida’s roster heading into Friday night’s opener against North Florida.
31. A Kentucky fan broke three bones in his neck when he tumbled down seven rows of bleachers Friday night in Rupp Arena.