1. Did you know? “LSU leads the nation in consecutive years with at least eight wins in a season with 14 beginning in 2000.”
2. Does a victory over Arkansas means its likely that LSU will head to the Cotton Bowl?
3. Loss by Arkansas would mean the Razorbacks first winless conference record since 1942.
4. Kevin Scarbinsky: “The Iron Bowl was a great game until Saban came along.”
5. Alabama’s strength of schedule ranks 55th in the nation. Auburn 38th – Missouri 39th.
6. Many of the Iron Bowl matchups favor Alabama but Auburn may have the edge at running back and special teams. No one has been able to stop Auburn’s running game this year.
7. Alabama and Auburn jointly own the “Iron Bowl” trademark.
8. Recalling Jadeveon Clowney’s comments about whether Tajh Boyd is scared of him. Steve Spurrier: “That was summertime talk.”
9. Bobby Bowden on the Florida State-Florida matchup: ”You know, it’s always been a game that either team could win. Now, it seems like one of them can’t.”
10. Key part of the Missouri turnaround has been the offensive line. Evan Boehm’s switch to center has had a big impact.
11. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin on his offensive tackles and Mizzzou’s starting defensive ends: “I don’t think there’s any doubt those four guys are going to play at the next level.”
12. Georgia has dominated the series with Georgia Tech since Mark Richt took control of the Bulldogs program – won 11 of 12 games.
13. Despite the fact that he’s played almost the entire season with a cast on his hand, Kentucky linebacker Avery Williamson is third in the SEC in tackles.
14. The Kentucky game could be the last in college for Tennessee juniors Antonio “Tiny” Richardson and A.J. Johns0n – both considering entering the NFL draft.
15. Could Tennessee coach Butch Jones been the Kentucky coach instead?
16. Vanderbilt running back Wesley Tate looks to end his career on a high note.
17. Why did Ole Miss freshman Robert Nkemdiche have to change his jersey last night? A new rule instituted this year.
18. Thanks to Mississippi State’s win over Ole Miss Thursday night, there are now 1o bowl-eligible teams in the SEC – 70 in the country.
19. Football field on Saturday but basketball court tonight for Florida-Florida State.
20. Bill Raftery on Kentucky: ”The competition they’re playing against isn’t in awe of them.”
21. Tennessee will play in the 2014 Old Spice Classic.
22. Alabama plays Drexel today in the NIT consolation game.
23. Fresh off beating Northwestern to move to 6-0, Missouri plays Nevada tonight in Las Vegas.
24. Our roundup of Thursday SEC hoops.