1. Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley has been “way more animated” on the field this year.
2. Texas governor Rick Perry doesn’t believe Nick Saban will leave for Texas. “But what if it’s $12 million a year? That’s some pretty good bait.”
3. Auburn freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson has been “incredibly impressive,” according to offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee.
4. Two Auburn beat writers discussed the Tigers’ offense and defense.
5. Florida players had quarterback Skyler Mornhinweg’s back following his first career start at South Carolina.
6. LSU receivers Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry are hoping to put on a better performance against Texas A&M.
7. LSU coach Les Miles believes pass protection and pass rush are two big keys against Texas A&M.
8. Johnny Manziel struggled against LSU last year. He hopes to play better this time around.
9. Mississippi State defensive end Chris Jones wanted to play against Robert Nkemdiche, not with him.
10. Ole Miss hopes to reach the position Missouri is in now: battling for a division championship.
11. Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin is sticking with his “anytime, anywhere” attitude toward playing Texas.
12. Politics will likely be in the future of Georgia tight end Arthur Lynch.
13. Georgia saw three players leave early for the draft last year. The Bulldogs might not lose anyone early this year.
14. On the flip side, South Carolina could lose three defenders from its junior class.
15. Kentucky’s secondary is still looking for its first interception of the season.
16. Pig Howard and Marquez North have turned into top receiving targets for Tennessee.
17. Vanderbilt receiver Jordan Matthews is four catches away from the career receptions record in the SEC.
18. Was Dorial Green-Beckham’s record performance against Kentucky a sign of his bright future?
19. How can Ole Miss pull off an upset against Missouri? Barrett Sallee takes a look.
20. Walk-on Christian Provancha would be Florida’s quarterback if Mornhinweg gets hurt and Tyler Murphy is unavailable.
21. Film study and coach John Calipari helped freshman James Young snap out of a shooting slump.
22. Georgia has some making up to do following last week’s loss to Georgia Tech. UGA will play Davidson tonight.
23. A DNA analysis connects Florida State QB Jameis Winston to his accuser. But this doesn’t prove he sexually assaulted the woman.
24. John Walters provides his thoughts on the latest news involving Winston.
25. Bruce Feldman provides the great story of Adham Talaat, a deaf football player at Gallaudet University.
26. What would the college football playoff look like right now? Here’s a look for USA Today.