1. What’s Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin doing at a Drake concert? It’s all about recruiting. Pictures here.
2. Auburn defensive back Jonathon Mincy grew up a Georgia fan.“I feel everybody from Georgia this is a personal game.”
3. Georgia coach Mark Richt on Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson: ”He’s outstanding. There’s a reason Auburn is playing so much better on defense.”
4. Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall started his career at Georgia: “He may have a little added incentive here or there…”
5. After catching four passes for 98 yards against Appalachian State, Georgia getting excited about the potential of Jonathon Rumph.
6. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier on Florida losing to Vanderbilt: “It is not a disgrace to lose to Vanderbilt.”
7. Spurrier on Muschamp: “I admire the way he coach his team, runs the show down there.”
8. The NCAA says South Carolina now has the nation’s longest home-game winning streak (although Northern Illinois might disagree).
9. Mississippi State freshman defensive tackle Chris Jones has emerged as a force - 12 tackles in his last four games.
10. Alabama’s defense preparing to face both Mississippi State quarterbacks.
11. Backup Alabama player Jalston Fowler has five catches - four touchdown passes.
12. Vanderbilt has 19 fourth-down attempts this year - converted 14 of them.
13. The last time Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze faced Troy and coach Larry Blakeney – he was at Arkansas State.
14. Kentucky quarterback Jalen Whitlow has produced over 600 yards of offense last two weeks- despite a bad ankle, a bum shoulder and being sacked 10 times.
15. Three times this year, a defender has fouled Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham in the end zone. He’s made the TD catch each time.
16. Alabmaa cornerback Bradley Sylve has a high ankle sprain – status in doubt for Mississippi State game.
17. An encouraging sign for Georgia – wide receiver Chris Conle practiced Wednesday. Mark Richt: “If he’s healthy enough he’ll play.”
18. LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger practiced Tuesday and Wednesday: “I just got a sprained ankle. No big deal.”
19. Arkansas cornerback Will Hines broke his wrist against Florida in early October - hoping to make it back for the Mississippi State game on November 23.
20. Special teams a focus at Tennessee after Vols gave up a punt and kickoff return for a touchdown against Auburn.
21. Could Florida’s suspended players be returning soon?
22. Kentucky-Michigan State the second-highest watched non-conference game ever aired on ESPN.
23. Alabama hosts Texas Tech in its home opener tonight.
24. Marshall Henderson will be back in the lineup for Ole Miss Saturday against Coastal Carolina.
25. Arkansas guard Ky Madden will make his season debut Friday night – suspended for the opener and two exhibition games.
26. South Carolina running back Mike Davis has a question for coach Frank Martin.
27. Louisville’s basketball program generates more revenue than Clemson’s football program.
28. Fans at the LSU-Louisville women’s game tonight get an extra bonus - free beer.