1. Both these teams are 4-4 and starting a backup quarterback. Gators have a 22-game winning streak against the Commodores.
2. Key for Vanderbilt – not falling behind early. Vandy outscored 42-0 in the first quarter of last two SEC road games.
3. Vandy knows the Florida defense will be a challenge. Coach James Franklin: “They are as good up front as anybody we have seen…”
4. Banged-up Gators will start their sixth different offensive line combination today.
Missouri at Kentucky
5. Missouri is one of only two top 10 teams – Ohio State the other one – to lose its starting quarterback for multiple games this season.
6. What will it be today for the Tigers – Maty Mauk, James Franklin or both?
7. Kentucky wants to get creative on defense to keep Missouri off balance.
8. Tigers defensive line poses a challenge for the Kentucky offense. ”They have the fastest D-line that we’ve played,”
Auburn at Tennessee
9. Auburn’s running game is in a groove – 1,545 rushing yards the last five games.
10. Auburn defense will have to contain Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs – Tigers defense struggled against mobile quarterbacks early in the year.
11. Tennessee needs a better effort from its offensive line after failing to rush for 100 yards against Missouri last week.
12. In 2009, it was first-year coaches Lane Kiffin and Gene Chizik facing off. This year, it’s Butch Jones and Gus Malzahn.