Yep --- in St. Louis there is absolutely nothing that could compete with the World Series when the Cardinals are in the game. Nothing. No sport event, no TV series finale, no royal wedding, not even an actual sighting of Elvis. Nothing.
1. Florida’s defense has allowed 100-yard rushers in consecutive weeks for the first time since 2011. How will they fare against Georgia and Todd Gurley?
2. With Gurley in the lineup, Georgia has recorded 33 plays greater than 20 yards. Without him – just nine.
3. Auburn coaches are paying special attention to Arkansas defensive ends Trey Flowers and Chris Smith. Gus Malzahn: ”We’ve faced some good defensive fronts, but getting after the passer, this may be the best one.”
4. Auburn is averaging 37 points a game. Arkansas is allowing 44.8 points per game in conference play.
5. The Auburn game is the last of the year in Fayetteville. Arkansas 20-man senior class will be honored before the game.
6. Texas A&M’s defense took a step in the right direction against Vanderbilt. Can it build on the momentum?
7. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin apologized to ESPN/SEC sideline reporter Cara Capuano after being short with her in a halftime interview.
8. A report card for South Carolina heading into November. Best grade goes to Mike Davis and the running game.
9. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen on facing Jadeveon Clowney: “What we have to do is do a good job of making sure we limit the amount of plays he can make.”
10. Tennessee coach Butch Jones knows all about Mizzou quarterback Maty Mauk . Recruited the Ohio native when he was coaching at Cincinnati.
11. Tennessee will attempt to do something at Missouri it hasn’t done in over 1,000 days – win a true road game.
12. Tennessee offensive line coach Don Mahoney on the battle upfront between the Vols and the Tigers. ”They’ve definitely got our attention from last year in hearing the guys talk about it. ”
13. Quarterback AJ McCarron on Alabama’s scout team defense: “You can’t say enough about about those guys, and I respect those guys more than anybody.”
14. With a bye week, LSU in no rush to start preparations for Alabama. Jeremy Hill: “You just can’t let it overwhelm you.”
15. Ole Miss wide receiver Ja-Mes Logan has been on a roll. 13 passes thrown his way last two games – he’s caught all 13 of them.
16. Vanderbilt quarterback Patton Robinette: “I just wasn’t always ready to go from the start in the A&M game.”
17. Florida has eight players out for the season , two more either doubtful or questionable for Georgia plus D.J. Humphries out two-to-four weeks.
18. Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall splitting reps with freshman Jeremy Johnson. Still recovering from an injury to his throwing shoulder. Could be game-time decision.
19. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn confirms safety Joshua Holsey had ACL surgery Friday. “It went very well.”
20. Kentucky quarterback Jalen Whitlow has a sprained ankle and a sprained AC joint in left (non-throwing) shoulder but he “seems ready to go” Saturday against Alabama State.
21. Georgia coach Mark Richt says starting safeties Josh-Harvey Clemons and Tray Matthews will be available to play against Florida. Bulldogs need a punt-snapper.
22. Alabama cornerback Deion Blue has some turf toe issues. Fellow cornerback Bradley Sylve bothered by a strained left ankle.
23. LSU kicker Colby Delahoussaye may not be available for Alabama. Injured in warmups for the Furman game.
24. Texas A&M guard J-Mychael Reese suspended for violating athletic department rules. Expected to last two to three games.
25. This is a make-or-break season for Aggies coach Billy Kennedy.
26. The Missouri-South Carolina game got the highest rating for any game on ESPN2 this year.
27. Mizzou-South Carolina got better ratings in Knoxville than St. Louis (the World Series had a little something to do with that).
28. 16 college players who are “football smart.” Only Georgia’s Aaron Murray makes the list from the SEC.
29. A 21-point spread for the Florida State-Miami game?
30. Is Houston Nutt interested in the Connecticut job?
31. Former Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain: “I felt like Aaron Hernandez, like I just wanted to kill somebody.”
32. Behind the scenes with Tennessee football’s new “Bulletproof” video.
33. Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday, Nick Saban!