1. Alabama was dominant in October. Here’s a look at just how dominant the month was for the Crimson Tide.
2. Alabama will spend its bye week working on “improving, maintaining focus and discipline.”
3. Auburn linebacker Justin Garrett is deciding if he will redshirt this season. He was expected to start before the season.
4. Arkansas is trying to “fight off” the struggles of the past two seasons.
5. LSU needs this off week as it gets ready to play at Alabama on Nov. 9.
6. Alabama should recharge LSU and its fans after a long nine-week stretch of games.
7. LSU running back Jeremy Hill is continuing to climb statistical charts.
8. The biggest positive for Ole Miss in its win over Idaho: The Rebels escaped without adding major injuries.
9. Mississippi State is about to be tested as it prepares to travel the next two weeks.
10. There were several positive surprises in Texas A&M’s win over Vanderbilt on Saturday.
11. Georgia is dealing with injuries and a “bruised ego” as it gets ready to play Florida, which is also banged up.
12. Here’s a look at Kentucky’s statistics compared to the rest of the nation.
13. South Carolina QB Connor Shaw battled illness along with his injury before helping the Gamecocks rally to beat Missouri.
14. Saturday’s loss to South Carolina was disappointing. Will Missouri bounce back strong as it gets ready for Tennessee?
15. Vanderbilt has plenty of work to do as it enters its bye week with a 4-4 record.
16. Missouri slid to No. 6 in Athlon’s SEC power rankings. Alabama, LSU and Auburn hold the top three spots.
17. What did we learn during week nine of the SEC schedule? Barrett Sallee takes a look.
18. Auburn QB Nick Marshall should be able to play against Arkansas on Saturday after injuring his shoulder against Florida Atlantic.
19. Georgia running back Todd Gurley “remains on track to play” against Florida. WR Michael Bennett should be back for UGA.
20. Arkansas scored a lot of points in its scrimmage over the weekend.
21. Three of Kentucky’s top opponents this season have players suspended indefinitely. How might they affect the Wildcats when they return?
22. Oregon passed Florida State for the No. 2 spot in the BCS standings despite FSU’s 49-17 win over NC State on Saturday.
23. Johnny Manziel’s top three party guests: Charlie Sheen, Rob Gronkowski and Tiger Woods.
24. Oregon’s offense gets plenty of attention. Its defense is playing very well, too.
25. The upsetting defeat vaulted Missouri to No. 1 in Dan Wolken’s Misery Index.
26. Which BCS title contender has the best chance to remain unbeaten? Stewart Mandel examines.
27. The SEC has announced its Players of the Week.